[SOLVED]Activation Failed - Fixed as of May 13th - Please provide feedback

UPDATE: THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN SOLVED - PLEASE RE TRY ACTIVATING SANDBOXIE NORMALLY.
LET US KNOW IF YOU ENCOUNTER ANY NEW ISSUES WITH ACTIVATIONS.

All,

If you are experiencing issues activating Sandboxie, please be sure of the following:

1 - You are using Sandboxie 5.30
2- TLS 1.1/2 is not turned off (click on start type inetcpl.cpl --> Go to the Advanced tab and ensure Use TLS is checked) 

If the problems persist, please provide the following information in this thread:

1- Sandboxie version

2 - Screenshot of the error message

3 - Screenshot of TLS settings as covered above

4 - Windows update status (is it up to date, if so what version? )

Also, please let us know if the Offline Activation works for you:

Offline activation  --> please use this link, as the one in the offline activations steps will fail
Offline activation steps

Thank you!

• Good day Sandboxie staff.

I updated to sandboxie 5.30 and I am unable to register and activate my product. I provided the information you requested below.

1 - Yes I'm using Sandboxie 5.30
    2-  Yes TLS 1.1/2 is not turned off.

If the problems persist, please provide the following information in this thread:

1- Sandboxie version

Also, please let us know if the Offline Activation works for you: Does Not Work

• In reply to Justin Keyes:

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the information, I have alerted the devs for review and next steps. 

I'll post an update as soon as they provide me with one. 

Regards,

• Having issues after updating to 5.30.

1. Sandboxie 5.30 (64 bit).

2. Through Sandboxie -

Sandboxie License Manager
    Product activation failed:
    The License Server did not specify reason for the failure of activation.

2. Manual activation -

Your Activation Key:
    Invalid data entered.

3. TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 are enabled.

4. Windows is up to date, Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.475)

Additional -

Invoice date: 30/08/2012
    Sandboxie - Personal License.
  • 1 - Sandboxie version

"Product activation failed: The License Server did not specify reason for failure of activation."

3 - Screenshot of the TLS settings as covered above

4 - Windows update status (is it up to date, if so what version?)

Offline Activation says "Invalid data entered." rather than my Activation Key when I enter all of the requested information.

• I have Sandboxie version 5.30 (64 bit) with Windows 10 Professional.

TLS settings are as suggested.

The error message is: Your license key has no expiration date. 

I have bought a lifetime license for Home Use on 3 computers. 

Seems the 5.30 version cannot handle lifetime licensing.
    Perhaps a fake date in year 2099 could help?

• All,

Thank you for providing the information. I have been sharing it with the devs and website team so that they can investigate and correct the problems.
    I'll post an update as soon as I receive one. 

Thank you for your understanding! 

• 1 - Sandboxie version is 5.30

2 - Message is "Product activation failed: The License Server did not specify reason for failure of activation."

3 - All TLS settings are checked.

4 - Windows10 Version 1809

I bought a lifetime license back in 2012 and still have the email for it saved. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

What is meant by system code and where can I find it ?! Since the update to version 5.30 Sandboxie is no longer registered and I can no longer use my advantages of the LIFETIME license! I have also tried to downgrade to version 5.28 and yet the product key is no longer accepted!

I have Win7 Professional 64-Bit with current Updates!

• Having same issue.  Why don't you disable license check until you figure this out?  No need to inconvenience all your customers with lifetime licenses.

• Hello,

I am also having issues with activation of the Sandboxie since I downloaded version 5.30.

I was trying several times to activate, but without success.

License Type: Lifetime
    Sandboxie Version: 5.30 (x64)

Screenshot of the error message:

Screenshot of the required internet settings:

Windows 10: Version 1803 Build 17134.706 (x64)

NOTE: Additionally, offline activation fails too, screenshot:

• In reply to Dwayne Peterson:

1 - You are using Sandboxie 5.30

2- TLS 1.1/2 is not turned off (click on start type inetcpl.cpl --> Go to the Advanced tab and ensure Use TLS is checked) 

1- Sandboxie version

see above

see above

• All of a sudden I'm getting calls from my clients that have purchased keys ell me that the are begin told that there keys are not valid 

What is going on these are clients that have been using Sandboxie for years and  purchased keys

Do I have to buy them new keys, this is not ggod

• Wow, so you are having activation problems for more then two weeks now and are unable to fix them? Instead you are pushing the update to all users. That's the best support I've ever experienced!

• 1.) SandboxIE 5.30 64 bit (Originally purchased Feb 11, 2008, Lifetime License)

2.) I see the following errors:

When trying to activate within SandboxIE:

SandboxIE License Manager
    Product activation failed: The License Server did not specify reason for the failure of activation.

When I try to generate an offline activation code:

Your Activation Key: Invalid data entered.

3.) TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 are all enabled

4.) Windows is completely up to date.  I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, Build 17763.475

I use SandboxIE a *lot*, so I would appreciate a quick resolution to this issue.

• In reply to Claude Maran:

I too have gotten the error and the message about no expiration date.  it seems the lifetime license is causing problems with the activation check because there is no expiration date, so anyone with this particular situation will simply have to wait for the next version to come out that should have the license check fixed.

message to developers and programmers, I see 3 possible solutions:

1- edit the license check to something like
        = if (not (lifetime phrase used)), then (check expire date > today)
       or whatever for the coding needed.  I have not bothered to look into which language or system was used, but that simple logic should be able to be done in the license/activation check.

2- go into the database and create a couple hundred year expiration date for all lifetime members so that the license activation check doesn't throw a fit by not having an expire date.

3- re-issue lifetime licenses to everyone who has ever bought a lifetime license that has a couple hundred year expire date built in, but this seems to be the worst option because not everyone will have the same email address or contact info, etc.

#1 is probably your best option to fix the problem.

and definitely, definitely, definitely, most definitely, disable the license check until the lifetime expire issue can be fixed as Dwayne Peterson suggested