I am new to Sophos Mobile, and currently working on iPads. I have successfully deployed iPads to Sophos using Configurator. After removing all payloads in configurator (most importantly any restrictions), I still can't do the following:
1) Apply new policy changes/updates (like a forced wifi network) - every attempt fails immediately. Installing apps works fine.
2) Hold a remote session using teamviewer/quicksupport. When I give consent on the iPad I get a message about restrictions (I disabled them all). Any thoughts?
Thank you for reaching out. Does the device show up in Sophos Mobile?
I recommend starting with checking the last MDM and SMC synchronization time. You may check that from the Central Dashboard > Mobile > Devices > Select the device in question and it will show the device details.
Make sure the synchronization time is very recent to ensure active communication.
Another thing to check is if the phone "enrolled" with Apple configurator shows up in Apple Business Manager(ABM) with MDM server as Sophos.
If it doesn't, you can try and get the phone into ABM by following the steps under the "Manually add an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV" section on this article - https://soph.so/xyvs7d
I hope this helps. Thank you!
I faced similar kind of issue last time, I am still searching for some proper solution
So I finally figured it out. I knew the source of the issue, but did not know how to address the issue. Basically I was setting up the device in configurator, then managing in Sophos. The problem was that there was a configurator profile and a Sophos profile. Once I removed the configurator profile (in the same place you instructed me to remove the 'Codeproof MDM profile' and it fixed both issues. Thanks.
I spoke too soon. I still can't apply policy changes. I can sync the device without issue, but the policy changes still don't update. If I try to push out the policy change, I get an error that the install profile has failed. This happens almost immediately.