This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to download free version of AV for Linux?

I can easily download trial AV for Windows and Mac but when I try the one for Linux I'm sent to additional agreement which I certainly accept. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to proceed any further regardless how many times I try or wait.

Is there any clue or checkbox I forgot to click?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thanks! I've tried submitting this form several times.

All the times it said something about additional verification or whatever. [:O]

I'm still unable to download this one poor Linux package. And I'm completely perplexed why downloading free/trial version for Windows or Mac doesn't require passing through all that export compliance checks while the version for Linux, the free version, needs all these extreme formalities. Does the version for Linux contain some secret military technologies which don't exist in the same version for Windows or Mac? [^o)]

So far ESET NOD32 or DrWeb for Linux are much more friendly for me as a customer. [Y]

• Hi  

Thank you for your response. 

Sophos free AV for windows and MAC is not a free version of commercial AV for windows and MAC. That is a completely different product Sophos Home which provides you with a free product for windows and MAC. 

The free version of Sophos Linux AV is based on commercial Sophos AV for Linux with some restriction in user or etc, so for that, you need to feel the export compliance form if you want to download the installer. The installer will be downloaded fine after submitting all the information on the export compliance form. I have just downloaded it without any difficulties.

I'd suggest you fill all the details in the form and submit it to download the Linux free version.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Shall I have to file the same export compliance form if for some reason we decide to purchase fully functional commercial version for Linux?

• Hi  

Every time when you try to download the installer from the Sophos website, you need to fill the export compliance form.

Edited:

Once you have a license from Sophos, you'll have Sophos Central console to download the installer directly and that'll not have an export compliance form to be filled up. The same scenario is for Enterprise console as well because when you purchase any product from Sophos, this form is already filled by you while purchasing a license.

Downloading an installer from the website is basically for the trial license customers.

Regards,

Jasmin

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |

• Hi  

Every time when you try to download the installer from the Sophos website, you need to fill the export compliance form.

Edited:

Once you have a license from Sophos, you'll have Sophos Central console to download the installer directly and that'll not have an export compliance form to be filled up. The same scenario is for Enterprise console as well because when you purchase any product from Sophos, this form is already filled by you while purchasing a license.

Downloading an installer from the website is basically for the trial license customers.

Regards,

Jasmin

Children