This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I have a problem with my UTM as it cannot update and I have out of day my patterns.

Astaro 110/120 

Hi all,

I have a problem with my UTM as it cannot update and I have out of day my patterns. 

Firmware version: 9.210-20
Pattern version: 75078

-----------
2015:02:05-21:42:31 axeman auisys[17338]: 2. main:[:P]erform_work:1166() auisys.pl
2015:02:05-21:42:31 axeman auisys[17338]: 3. main::auisys_prepare_and_work:560() auisys.pl
2015:02:05-21:42:31 axeman auisys[17338]: 4. main::top-level:37() auisys.pl
2015:02:05-21:42:31 axeman auisys[17338]: |=========================================================================
2015:02:05-21:42:31 axeman auisys[17338]: id="371O" severity="error" sys="system" sub="up2date" name="Fatal: Up2Date package installation failed: An error occured during the RPM pre-installation test (1)" status="failed" action="install" code="1" package="aptp"
2015:02:05-21:42:31 axeman auisys[17338]:
2015:02:05-21:42:31 axeman auisys[17338]: 1. main::alf:75() auisys.pl
2015:02:05-21:42:31 axeman auisys[17338]: 2. main:[:P]erform_work:1212() auisys.pl
2015:02:05-21:42:31 axeman auisys[17338]: 3. main::auisys_prepare_and_work:560() auisys.pl
2015:02:05-21:42:31 axeman auisys[17338]: 4. main::top-level:37() auisys.pl
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards,
Costa

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi and welcome,
    I would recommend you raise this with your reseller for a support issue.

Ian M
  • There's a fairly good chance that you have a corrupted aptp package on the system, which can't be automatically deleted or overwritten.  If this is the case, then it can be corrected as follows:

This can only be done from shell (console or SSH).  Go to /var/up2date/aptp.  If there is a file in there, something like u2d-aptp-X.***X.tgz.gpg, delete the file.  Do the same thing IF there is a /var/up2date/aptp-install directory.

Now re-run your pattern update.

...still have a v5 install disk in a box somewhere.

http://xkcd.com
    http://www.tedgoff.com/mb
    http://www.projectcartoon.com/cartoon/1
  • Hi and welcome, I would recommend you raise this with your reseller for a support issue.  Ian M

Unfortunately  I am just home user. Thank you anyway!
  • There's a fairly good chance that you have a corrupted aptp package on the system, which can't be automatically deleted or overwritten.  If this is the case, then it can be corrected as follows:

This can only be done from shell (console or SSH).  Go to /var/up2date/aptp.  If there is a file in there, something like u2d-aptp-X.***X.tgz.gpg, delete the file.  Do the same thing IF there is a /var/up2date/aptp-install directory.

Now re-run your pattern update.

Hi Scott,
    I deleted that file from aptp folder in the past but it didn’t work.Aptp-install folder was empty. I deleted it again from aptp folder and  and I run the command “auisys.plx --rpmargs –force” from the folder “/var/up2date/sys”.
     It returned me this : 
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are no 'man9' packages available for installation
    Searching for available up2date packages for type 'appctrl3'
    There are no 'appctrl3' packages available for installation
    Searching for available up2date packages for type 'clvbrowser'
    There are no 'clvbrowser' packages available for installation
    Searching for available up2date packages for type 'ohelp9'
    There are no 'ohelp9' packages available for installation
    Searching for available up2date packages for type 'geoipxtipv6'
    There are no 'geoipxtipv6' packages available for installation
    Searching for available up2date packages for type 'aptp'
    There are no 'aptp' packages available for installation
    Searching for available up2date packages for type 'cadata'
    There are no 'cadata' packages available for installation
    Searching for available up2date packages for type 'sys'

Installing up2date package version 9.301002
      Verifying up2date package signature
      Unpacking installation instructions
      You are currently running Version 9.210020, but Version 9.300005 is required for this up2date package.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On Sophos forum also, I read the article “Advisory: How to update to Sophos UTM v9.3”which didn’t make clear how to perform update manually.
     https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/121736.aspx

Finally, I used the wget command in order to download few previous update versions up to the 9.210020. 
    Every time I was downloading the package in the sys folder and I was running the command “auisys.plx --rpmargs –force” it was telling me that I need a previous version. 
    That returned an error when I reached the 9.2 version ,which the system believes it is the version I have. 

Thank you for your help!
    Costa

• Installing up2date package version 9.301002
      Verifying up2date package signature
      Unpacking installation instructions
      You are currently running Version 9.210020, but Version 9.300005 is required for this up2date package.

Well, you are running version 9.210-20. The up2date file 9.301-2 is the wrong version to update to 9.3.

You can try the following workaround:

[LIST=1]
  • I will try them tonight and I will update you!
  • thank you all! Finally it worked.

Wingman suggested me to change the version of astaro by editing  /etc/version. 
    -------
    axeman:/var/up2date/sys # more /etc/version
    axeman:/var/up2date/sys # vi /etc/version
    axeman:/var/up2date/sys # more /etc/version
    --------
    Later on I tried the solution of Jamie Hope

https://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/121765.aspx

1.Log into the WebAdmin of your UTM and temporarily disable automatic updating 
    2.Log into the UTM shell of the UTM and escalate your user rights to root
    3.Using the following commands remove the redundant packages from these locations. # rm /var/up2date/sys-install/*
    # rm /var/up2date/sys/*
    # rm /var/up2date/.queue/*

4.Change your location to the /var/up2date/sys location # cd /var/up2date/sys

5.Download the correct update file available from the download server. The example below works for 9.210 to 9.304 
    # wget http://download.astaro.com/UTM/v9/up2-sys-9.210020-304009.tgz.gpg

6.Run the installation using the command: # auisys.plx

7.Re-enable automatic updating on the UTM
    https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/52/t/29756
    ----------------------
    And finally I updated the version  9.304009.
  •  Wingman suggested me to change the version of astaro by editing /etc/version.

That would not have helped you with the problem you had, and wingman would know that, so there must have been a misunderstanding.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • That would not have helped you with the problem you had, and wingman would know that, so there must have been a misunderstanding.

Cheers - Bob

Hi Bob

Let me state the exact procedure followed. it seems that astaro had stuck to version 9.210-20 and bkaxe was unable to update the latest firmware( multiple error logs within system and up2date log). As there were issues updating even patterns (IPS,av etc) I've suggested to change the version to 9.209008 via /etc/version (bkaxe is a home user) in order to verify that updates work with no issues. Once that happened we used the procedure bake described below to initiate update to 9.3x firmware (at the moment the user has the latest firmware)

long story short....the /etc/version change was more of a troubleshooting step rather than a necessary in order to complete the work [:)]