I'm using the ASG 425 Rev3 (Core2Duo E6400) Hardware Appliance in a private Network.
I got the Home-License running achieved through deleting the ASG File in /etc Folder.
Since i did that, the display isnt working anymore.
Is there any solution for that problem?
The file /etc/asg is used by the following procedures:
- "initasg" (the difference between the ssi* and asg* ) to assign the correct names to the interfaces. After deleting /etc/asg initasg wont work correct anymore.
- "utm-lcd" controls the lcd display.
- Hardware License is needed, if /etc/asg exists.
From my old post. It worked with ASG220 and UTM7-8 (pre utm-lcd):
1. Install ASG Hardware with ssi****.iso
2. rm /etc/lcd.conf (Link to /etc/asg for lcd4linux)
3. mv /etc/asg /etc/lcd.conf (because i like the lcd-information)
4. Change in /etc/init.d/initasg the line 34
5. Install HomeLicense via WebAdmin
Now in UTM9 you should do this:
2. mv /etc/asg /etc/lcd.asg
3. Change in /etc/init.d/initasg the line 34
ASG_HW_FILE="/etc/asg" to ASG_HW_FILE="/etc/lcd.asg"
4. Change /etc/init.d/utm-lcd the line 1
ASG_FILE="/etc/asg" to ASG_FILE="/etc/lcd.asg"
Please test and post the result!
Sophos Certified Architect (UTM + XG)
These steps work on a UTM 320 r.5. Thank you.
Managing several Sophos UTMs and a Sophos XG both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.
just tried on my 425, line number on the first file is off, otherwise, works like a champ!
Hi, just tested it out, and it works, but it does not cycle the display, through the interface/ram/cpu values, it just stands on one page with the utm version and uptime.
I found out that /etc/lcd.data is not being generated on software installs, so you have to create /etc/asg again and remove the id and serial number, then everything works like on a hardware appliance :-)
Read here on bottom where it says : Updated: 15/11-2016:
Best regards Martin ;-)
Sophos UTM Certified Engineer 9.5Sophos XG Certified Engineer 17.1Homelab: 1 x SG210 XG v18 - 3xAPX530 - 1 x SG210 v9.7 - 1 x UTM 220 v9.7 - 1 x SG135 v9.7 (All Fullguard Plus licenses)
Hi Does anyone have copies of the ASG file for both UTM220 and UTM540(old astro v7 unit) as I have appliances I want to get running
What file? :-)
As a followup for anyone.
I picked up a UTM 220 for nothing. I applied the home licence and as you would expect, the lcd stopped working. Having fully updated the firmware and patterns I had a look at the lcd.
I came across this post
And followed the newer set of instructions.
Do a “vi /etc/asg”
It creates a new file and then insert:
Ex. for SG 210
ASG_VERSION=”210″ LCD4LINUX_HW=”LCD-SERIAL300″ ASG_SUBTYPE=”r1″
Ex. for UTM 220
ASG_VERSION=”220″ LCD4LINUX_HW=”LCM-162″ ASG_SUBTYPE=”r5″
As you see UTM and SG’s have different LCD controller.
Now reboot and watch the display cycle through the widgets, you can also see if /etc/lcd.data is being populated.
This worked for me.
Man, thanks a lot...you are my hero and made my day!
Your solution works perfect and I think a easier way would not be possible...
I installed a SG210 for private usage with the software "home version" of the UTM. For this kind of installation source the display usually doesnt work; but I wanted to know it finally today so I tried to use google again for a new search and solution for this problem... long story short answer:
1. Install a new and naked UTM Home software ISO image
2. Configure it out to get shell access
3. Do it the same way you said
4. After reboot the display works perfect like any HW ISO installation.
THANKS A LOT!!!! :)
<3 <3 <3