This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ASG 425 Display with homelicense

Hello,

I'm using the ASG 425 Rev3 (Core2Duo E6400) Hardware Appliance in a private Network.

I got the Home-License running achieved through deleting the ASG File in /etc Folder.

Since i did that, the display isnt working anymore.

Is there any solution for that problem?

Kindly regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Does anyone have copies of the ASG file for both UTM220 and UTM540(old astro v7 unit) as I have appliances I want to get running 

Thanks

• What file? :-)

-----

Best regards
    Martin

Sophos XGS 2100 @ Home | Sophos v20 Architect

• As a followup for anyone.

I picked up a UTM 220 for nothing. I applied the home licence and as you would expect, the lcd stopped working. Having fully updated the firmware and patterns I had a look at the lcd.

I came across this post

https://martinsblog.dk/sophos-utm-use-hardware-appliances-with-home-software-license/

And followed the newer set of instructions.

Do a “vi /etc/asg”

It creates a new file and then insert:

Ex. for SG 210

ASG_VERSION=”210″
    LCD4LINUX_HW=”LCD-SERIAL300″
    ASG_SUBTYPE=”r1″

Ex. for UTM 220

ASG_VERSION=”220″
    LCD4LINUX_HW=”LCM-162″
    ASG_SUBTYPE=”r5″

As you see UTM and SG’s have different LCD controller.

Now reboot and watch the display cycle through the widgets, you can also see if /etc/lcd.data is being populated.

This worked for me.

• Man, thanks a lot...you are my hero and made my day!

Your solution works perfect and I think a easier way would not be possible...

I installed a SG210 for private usage with the software "home version" of the UTM. For this kind of installation source the display usually doesnt work; but I wanted to know it finally today so I tried to use google again for a new search and solution for this problem... long story short answer:

1. Install a new and naked UTM Home software ISO image

2. Configure it out to get shell access

3. Do it the same way you said

4. After reboot the display works perfect like any HW ISO installation.

THANKS A LOT!!!! :)

<3 <3 <3

• Man, thanks a lot...you are my hero and made my day!

Your solution works perfect and I think a easier way would not be possible...

I installed a SG210 for private usage with the software "home version" of the UTM. For this kind of installation source the display usually doesnt work; but I wanted to know it finally today so I tried to use google again for a new search and solution for this problem... long story short answer:

1. Install a new and naked UTM Home software ISO image

2. Configure it out to get shell access

3. Do it the same way you said

4. After reboot the display works perfect like any HW ISO installation.

THANKS A LOT!!!! :)

<3 <3 <3

Children
No Data