I'm using the ASG 425 Rev3 (Core2Duo E6400) Hardware Appliance in a private Network.
I got the Home-License running achieved through deleting the ASG File in /etc Folder.
Since i did that, the display isnt working anymore.
Is there any solution for that problem?
The file /etc/asg is used by the following procedures:
- "initasg" (the difference between the ssi* and asg* ) to assign the correct names to the interfaces. After deleting /etc/asg initasg wont work correct anymore.
- "utm-lcd" controls the lcd display.
- Hardware License is needed, if /etc/asg exists.
From my old post. It worked with ASG220 and UTM7-8 (pre utm-lcd):
1. Install ASG Hardware with ssi****.iso
2. rm /etc/lcd.conf (Link to /etc/asg for lcd4linux)
3. mv /etc/asg /etc/lcd.conf (because i like the lcd-information)
4. Change in /etc/init.d/initasg the line 34
5. Install HomeLicense via WebAdmin
Now in UTM9 you should do this:
2. mv /etc/asg /etc/lcd.asg
3. Change in /etc/init.d/initasg the line 34
ASG_HW_FILE="/etc/asg" to ASG_HW_FILE="/etc/lcd.asg"
4. Change /etc/init.d/utm-lcd the line 1
ASG_FILE="/etc/asg" to ASG_FILE="/etc/lcd.asg"
Please test and post the result!
Sophos Certified Architect (UTM + XG)
just tried on my 425, line number on the first file is off, otherwise, works like a champ!