Please find Sandboxie Beta 5.31.2 below:
Combined installer Sandboxie Beta 64 bit installer Sandboxie Beta 32 bit installer
Changes in 5.31.2- Internet Explorer new tabs will no longer open a new window instead- Addressed an issue in which certain installers would not start if triggered via forced folders
Known Issues - Win 7 and 8.1 only - Internet Explorer - Program downloads will not initiate if Sandboxed (no workaround other than using a different browser)
Previous changesChanges in Sandboxie 5.31.1- Addressed a permissions issue that would prevent files from downloading or saving when Sandboxed on Windows Fast ring versions 18362/ 1903
To report a problem in this thread, please follow these guidelines:How to report problems with Sandboxie
I am having an issue with running anything through Sandboxie. I've tried 5.26, 5.30 and now the latest beta and get the same results.
1- Sandboxie 5.31 , Windows 10 x64 bit 1803
2 - Trying to run Steam
3 - Just stock defender (I've tried disabling it while installing and running which doesn't change anything)
4 - Install fresh->Try to run anything->Get error and dialog and nothing else (no dialog for picking program or explorer or anything)
5 - This occurs with the default sandbox
SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: SandboxieRpcSs.exe [DefaultBox]SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: Start.exe [DefaultBox]
Never presented a dialog to pick a program or anything.
Also notible that after the initial errors I will continually get this until I terminate the running programs in the sandbox:
This does not sound like it is beta related. But let's have you do the following:
1) Install the latest beta as listed in the first post of this thread.2) Can you confirm if the problem affects any program you are trying to run? 3) Follow the guidelines to provide all the required info:How to report problems with Sandboxie4( Keep in mind that re-installing Sandboxie does not clear the contents of your Sandbox, so be sure to delete that, and also to test in a new sandbox with default settings 5) If the problems persist, please include (aside from the required info) a copy of your Sandboxie config file:Configure --> Edit configurationCopy-paste the contents in your response.
Barb@SophosCommunity Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support Knowledge Base | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.
While collecting more info I decided to attach a debugger to the process reporting issues ( SandboxieRpcSs.exe ). I checked the callstacks of all the threads and noticed that another program I have running, MaxTo (https://maxto.net), had injected into the process. I closed it to rule it out and now I'm working normally. I use MaxTo to organize my windows on my 4k display. I'll leave it to you to note the conflict and/or address why it would be preventing Sandboxie from running properly.
Here's the extra info you asked for:
2) Yeah I get the SandboxieRpcSs.exe reporting app crash before anything runs through the sandbox
3) I did follow that guide in the original post, please refer to it
4) There isn't any files in the sandbox, it is a stock DefaultBox
5) Here is the Sandboxie.ini[GlobalSettings]
Right-click on your Sandbox --> Sandbox settings---> Resource access -->IPC Access --> Direct Access
Click Add, and paste this:*\BaseNamedObjects\MAXTO*Ok and applyDelete the contents of your Sandbox and re-try. This opens a hole in the Sandbox to allow it to interact with Max To. Use it at your own discretion, and you'll probably need to test functionality, to ensure everything is fine after opening access to it.
Thanks! That works around the issue.