This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to activate iView device

Hello,

I'm having an issue when trying to activate my iView device.

It is a virtual machine on HyperV, I've used the ISO file to boot it.

I have access to the GUI but when I try to activate it with the serial number I got from the license schedule it tells me that it is not possible to activate it and asks to try again later.

It have access to the internet and also I did a firewall rule for it to make sure nothing is blocked but the problem persists.

I got this log from the CLI on the iView appliance but Im not sure what is going on.

Have anyone know what could it be the reason?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello John,

Thank you for contacting our Sophos Community.

I will send you a PM, please forward the licensing.logs 

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • Hello John,

I send you a PM, but it seems that you are being affected by NCR-2885 where new activations of iView are failing. 

Please send me the details I asked via the PM.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
  • Hello John,

Thank you for the Logs, so to confirm yes you are being affected by NCR-2885. Dev is currently investigating this, it seems like an issue with an expired certificate in iView. 

We were able to confirm this after getting the logs from the licensing.log showend below. 

# cd /log

# cat licensing.log

INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --model = SIV
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --vendor = SO01
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --upgradeReqType = 1
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --upgradedFrom = 0
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --fwversion = 03.01.2.009
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --cert = /_conf/staticfiles/certificate/licensing/mfgr_vendor_SO.pem
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --token = Token-Id:SO-D5C052A8
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --key = /_conf/staticfiles/certificate/licensing/mfgr_vendor_SO.key
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: URL : eu-prod-utm.soa.sophos.com/.../applianceactivation
    INFO May 04 16:47:28 [0]: response : {"errorCode":"ITSERVICELAYER_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION_ERROR", "message":"IIS error: HTTP 403.0 - Forbidden", "statusCode": 403}
    ERROR May 04 16:47:28 [0]: Activation Failed...:)
    ERROR May 04 16:47:28 [0]: licensing_do_activation() : parsing failed...
    { "status": "500", "statusmessage": "Appliance Activation Failed" }

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
  • Hello John,

Thank you for the Logs, so to confirm yes you are being affected by NCR-2885. Dev is currently investigating this, it seems like an issue with an expired certificate in iView. 

We were able to confirm this after getting the logs from the licensing.log showend below. 

# cd /log

# cat licensing.log

INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --model = SIV
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --vendor = SO01
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --upgradeReqType = 1
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --upgradedFrom = 0
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --fwversion = 03.01.2.009
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --cert = /_conf/staticfiles/certificate/licensing/mfgr_vendor_SO.pem
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --token = Token-Id:SO-D5C052A8
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: --key = /_conf/staticfiles/certificate/licensing/mfgr_vendor_SO.key
    INFO May 04 16:47:26 [0]: URL : eu-prod-utm.soa.sophos.com/.../applianceactivation
    INFO May 04 16:47:28 [0]: response : {"errorCode":"ITSERVICELAYER_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION_ERROR", "message":"IIS error: HTTP 403.0 - Forbidden", "statusCode": 403}
    ERROR May 04 16:47:28 [0]: Activation Failed...:)
    ERROR May 04 16:47:28 [0]: licensing_do_activation() : parsing failed...
    { "status": "500", "statusmessage": "Appliance Activation Failed" }

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
Children