This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I upgrade Ram SG125 ?

Hi Guys,

I have device Sophos SG125. and i review RAM usage capacity has reached 85%.

Can I increase the RAM capacity of the Sophos SG125?

CPU 2%

RAM 74% of 3.9 GB

Log Disk 15% of 24.6 GB

Data Disk 28% of 18.7 GB

Thank you,

Adam

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • and maybe can be informed of the RAM specifications that match my device, so I'm not wrong to buy the RAM

• Hi  ,

Good day and Thank you for reaching out to Sophos Community and hope you are well.

There is no official RAM kits for RAM upgrades on SG/SF devices. What I would recommend is have you consider a hardware refresh and appropriate sizing for your environment. You could reach out to your local Sophos partner/SE/AM for proper guidance and sizing. 

Have a nice day ahead and Thank you for choosing Sophos.

Cheers,

Raphael Alganes
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Sophos Support Videos Product Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.

• Hi   thank you for your response,

Can you help to indicate the type of ram that is suitable for the Sopshos SG125 device? Maybe like :
    Logdimm DDR3 2666 MHz or Sodimm DDR3 2666 MHz,

Because I've never handled a Sophos device, and never seen the Sophos SG125G mainboard directly

• Hai Adam and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'm sorry, but I deleted the external links in your post. Please Edit that post, and insert your image into the post. We can't know if that external site is properly protected. The only malware I've gotten in almost 15 years was from a link in this Community to an external picture in 2014.  Thanks in advance!

To see if you really need to add RAM, run top at the command line.

Note that opening a Sophos SG for any reason will void your warranty on the hardware. This is not a problem if this is a home-use situation.  I suspect that you can replace the RAM chip(s), but Sophos doesn't publicize what to use.  If you are in a home-use situation and do open it, please let us know what worked.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Strange to believe that nobody knows the specs or has opened the little boxes yet.

I have the same problem here: RAM 74% of 3.9 GB, full guard, no big installation, no VPN users, only one tunnels.

The only thing I would like to get rid of is Endpoint protection, which I don't know how, but that is another topic I guess.

• Hello Adam,

can you give us the hardware revision of your device (look at the labels on the bottom side)?

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hello Robert,

UTM endpoint protection is no longer available since very long time. If you still have it running, you must be using a very old firmware version. What is your UTM version on that device?

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi Philipp,

the lastest firmware is on the device. Firmware version: 9.714-4

I know that endpoint protection is gone for a long time and I guess that is part of the problem. The dashboard (see screeshot above) says that there is still one endpoint connected (no idea if and which) and that Endpoint Protection is still active.

However there is no functionality incl. activate/deactivate button in the Endpoint Protection Menu anymore. It only says "Devices previously managed by this UTM may require a tamper protection password to uninstall Sophos Endpoint Protection. The last tamper protection password configured on this device was: xyz"

However I am not aware that there is still a device or how I would find out if and where it is or what it is.

• If your device meets the criteria above (below?) why not just open it to see what the current memory type is.  According to one wiki I found, the unit uses a atom C2358 cpu.  Per the intel spec page below that should be good for up to 16GB of ddr3 1333mhz ram. It's not specified if its sodimm or regular dimm.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/77978/intel-atom-processor-c2358-1m-cache-1-70-ghz/specifications.html

http://en.techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Sophos_SG_125_rev_2

• Looks like its doable but you are going to have to pop the lid off your system and see if its a DDR3 desktop/server stick or a SODIMM stick. Also it would be nice to know if they solder the CPU on the mainboard or if its a CPU socketed. Slight smile