This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Extreme problems with raising an RMA for next business day replacement

Hi All,

The one line summary from my experience so far is that the

"RMA team in 15 hours since the RMA was raised are not sending any emails at all - to a) confirm RMA exists, b) is accepted, c) shipment and tracking details.

and this leaves me and my client in the dark with no idea if and when the unit will be replaced.  Also the RMA team seem completely impossible to contact. 

In detail my problem is:    

I raised an RMA request through GTS with next business day replacement at 10:15 but got no confirmation email by 00:15 (right now) from the RMA team. I phoned customer services to confirm the RMA was open.  It was.  Found out the RMA number from them.   Tried emailing rma@sophos.com as advised by support.  Nothing.  Support say "wait for RMA to contact you".   Customer services say the same.  I am still waiting. 

My questions to the community are: 

• Are you having similar problems with RMA?  
  • What would you suggest?  
  • Anyone have a direct number for RMA team uk?
  • Can you confirm that rma@sophos.com is the right email, and the subject line format is "[#<RMA number>] xxxx"? 

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this. 

All the best, 

Adrien. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Adrien,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community.

I apologize about this, I actually found your RMA case and have emailed the UK RMA Team about this, for them to send you the replacement as soon as they can and/or to communicate with you.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • Hi Emmanuel, 

Thank you for this. This is much more than I would have hoped for as a response.  

I wonder if the new ticketing system is correctly processing RMA requests?

We now have to explore alternatives like replacing the SSD ourselves or finding two UTMs we can use instead to restore the HA pair we need. 

All the best, 

Adrien.

• Hi All,

Update on processing RMA replacement.  

• RMA Status can be seen by GTS Technical Support but by the Team Leader only.  So ask the engineer to ask the team leader.
    • RMA processed and accepted emails are not currently being sent. 
    • RMA replacement shipped emails should be sent, but I cannot confirm that this happens yet. 
    • Next business day replacement cannot be counted on currently. 

You probably already know this, but;

• The ticketing system was changed on the 21/08/20. The RMA system has also been changed. 
    • The Case number is only in the first and last email in a ticket which looks like this
      • Sophos Support Case 03069773 Opened / ref:_00D301GN6a._5003Z171Hvl:ref
      • Sophos Support Case 03069773 Closed / ref:_00D301GN6a._5003Z171Hvl:ref
    • all the emails between the first and last email look like this without the 8 digit case number
      • RE: Firewall inquiry    [ ref:_00D301GN6a._5003Z171Hvl:ref 

On support in general from UK.

• VIP technical support - not contactable. Always gets to GTS technical support. 
    • GTS technical support - only support organisation contactable from UK currently. 
      • English comprehension - very variable. 
      • Call line quality - very variable.
    • Expect music on hold time from 20 to 90 minutes.   Record for me is 125 minutes.  

Best regards,

Adrien

• You should post your concerns to the Support Portal forum: https://community.sophos.com/support-portal/

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• This is not an isolated case, I´ve been waiting since 3 day for any communication with RMA-Team....
    Unbelievable !!!

• Hello MueTi,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community!

Could you please provide me with your Case ID, so I can follow-up!

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • RMA 10081128
    RMA was opened on Thursday last week, it´s now 5 day ago and I haven´t heard anything from RMA Team. It´s absolutely not satisfy.

Reply Children