This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tickets falling into a black hole?

I've had three tickets opened with the new support portal. One migrated, two I opened. I have not heard a single thing from anyone at Sophos. One, the status changed to assigned. Great! Still waiting for any kind of reply or direction. The second, closed with no response. Before the new portal, I thought they finally got their ducks in a row. Tickets were responded to in a timely manner. Follow up and results where provided. Now they are back to service request spiral of death. 

Please fix this quickly.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi Dane,

I think I found your cases in the system. On your migrated case, our engineer sent follow up emails but there was a no response. Could you please check whether emails from support@sophos.com make it to your inbox? 

To follow up on your cases, you can use the Post section on the right hand side of the case page (above where you see the case status update).

Many thanks, Secil 

• I have received no emails from support. The last email I've received from Sophos on anything was on 8/14 regarding case 10039879

This email is to inform you that your case will be migrated to our new case management system during the week of August 15th – 21st, 2020. During this time you will receive an email from our new case management system, which will include your new case reference number. After this initial email you will be able to access the migrated case via the new Support Portal as well as open, view, and update new cases. Information regarding the Support Portal can be found on the Support Portal Community: https://community.sophos.com/support-portal

Regards,

Cory Hooymans

* Never got an email

And what of the other two cases? 

Case 03077538 was a malicious payload that was missed by Sophos. It was closed with no resolution. Typically on this type of case I received a response from Sophos, something like this:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Sophos Technical Support.

**Please note that this is an automated response. If you have any questions, require assistance or clarification on this analysis, please feel free to reply to this email quoting this case number in the subject line.**

The file(s) submitted were malicious in nature and detection will be available on the Sophos Databank shortly.

• Contract-Proposal.ppt -- identity created/updated(New detection Troj/DocDl-ZFF)
    • 60fe541b-7e7f-.zip -- archive file
    • 60fe541b-7e7f-4ba1-3cd7-08d80c990606_eae1b72a-455a-51e9-~.eml -- archive file

The only thing in the Status is" Informatica Integration (Employee) closed this case as Closed."

Case 03087738 was last updated 9/2 and states "Status Unassigned to Assigned". I will grant that I did set the Severity to Medium, but I usually would get some type of email response by now.

Thanks for any help you can offer. 

Dane

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Dane Westdyk

Hi Dane,

Our engineer sent you an email about 12 hours on your case 03087738 - could you please check whether you received that email? You can also view the email communication the case under the Related tab - you will see the Emails section there. 

We have no other report of this issue and we see plenty of cases where emails are sent back and forth.

Many thanks, Secil 

• Thanks Secil,

So this is a bit awkward... I found the emails from support@sophos.com in quarantine in the Sophos Email Gateway! In hindsight, I probably should have checked here, but it never occurred to me that emails from Sophos would be blocked by Sophos. Here are the header and blacklist analyses of one of the emails using mxtoolbox:

https://mxtoolbox.com/Public/Tools/EmailHeaders.aspx?huid=330a4d83-1fae-446e-a5ac-07bc59c3a3fa 

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a13.110.6.197&run=toolpage

As you can see by these, there appears to be several issues from that server that probably caused Sophos Email Gateway to flag it. 

I will whitelist @sophos in Sophos Central and respond to the tickets. 

Thanks again!

Dane

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Dane Westdyk

Thank you, Dane! We have raised this with our team.

Reply Children
No Data