*Note: This integration is a legacy integration provided only for historical purposes. Please see here for instructions on how to use our full featured integration.
This post describes the steps to set up the Sophos Central Deployment Addon from the ConnectWise Automate Solutions Center.
Note: Sophos ConnectWise Automate Plugin is certified via the ConnectWise Invent Program. If you need assistance with plugin implementation, please contact MSP.SE@sophos.com for support.
Please review the Central Partner - Customer CSV section under Integrations if you don't know how to find this.
Note: Don't do this after installing the Addon from the Solutions Central.
- In the ConnectWise Automate Control Center, click on System > Configuration > Dashboard.
- In the System Dashboard, go to the Config tab > Configurations tab > Virus Scan tab.
- Sort by Name and scroll to Sophos.
- Highlight all the listed Sophos definitions then right-click and select Delete. If the Sophos Central Addon is already installed, do not delete the Sophos Central Viruses Definitions.
- Software inventory runs every 24 hours by default. So it might take a day for existing workstations and servers to be listed correctly.
- You can remove all of the other Sophos virus definitions prior to installing the Sophos Central Deployment Addon.
- Search and click on the Sophos Central Addon or look for it under Security.
- At the top right corner, click on Queue to install the addon.
- Open a client.
- Click the Info tab > Sophos tab.
- Fill in the Sophos Central Token and Sophos Central Server Location fields.
- Click the drop-down for Sophos Central Workstation and Sophos Central Server Products.
- If you want to start the deployment now, tick the Deploy Sophos checkbox then click the Save Additional Information button.
- Open the Location > Info tab > Sophos tab.
- Tick on the checkbox of what you need to override then select the products from the drop-down list. The Sophos Central Add-on gives the ability to override the client level products at both the Location and Workstation/Server level.
- Open the workstation or server where you need to apply this.
- Click the automation gear icon at the top.
- Click on the Extra Data Fields tile.
- Select Sophos on the left side > tick on Sophos Central Product Override > select the product from the drop-down list. If you select None, it will stop Sophos from installing on the workstation/server.
- Click on Save.