We have been using Sophos intercept x advanced with MTR for about 6 weeks. Since then, our bandwidth has dropped 90%. We use a gigabit internet connection and have previously achieved the following values in a speed test in the browser: Down: 900MB/s Up: 800MB/s
Now, if we're lucky, we'll get Down: 60MB/s Up: 300MB/s.
We found out that it is due to the following settings:
If these settings are deactivated, we have full bandwidth when surfing again. But we don't want to leave them disabled.
This is not a condition, the support from Sophos is not getting anywhere either. We expected more...here are the screenshots from the speedtest:deactivated settings:activated settings:
Thanks for reaching out to the Sophos Community Forum.
I recommend trying out the CLI speed test mentioned near the bottom of the following Recommended Read article. Let me know if you continue to see the same results when running this test. - Running speed tests on a Sophos Endpoint protected machine
the Speedtest with CLI is succesfull, we get full Bandwith.
The limited bandwidth can only be seen in the browser.
As per my message below. It sounds like the issue is purely with browser processes and therefore, when a feature is enabled that requires SophosNetFilter.exe to be running. The other features of Network Threat Protection can be left enabled?
Do you know if Sophos is working on a fix for this speed issue? we have over 4000 computers deployed with sophos AV and everyday we are getting more customers reporting browsing speed issues due to the network threat protection throttling the internet speeds. on one network its throttling my gigabit speeds down to 40-60 mbps. my only remedy at the moment is to disable network threat protection.
Our team is actively working on a fix for this issue. If you wish to receive test builds to try out, I suggest opening a support case with our team. Once the case is escalated, it will be associated with the ongoing development case we have opened internally.
I have recently discovered this issue and opened a ticket. With Real Time Scanning - Internet option enabled, I get a max of 165Mbps on 3 different networks all with a different ISP and rated speeds (1Gbps, 700Mbps, and 500Mbps). It's extremely frustrating since we're pretty new to the platform and running default policies across the board. Super happy I pushed for this product right about now.