This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help updating, not working

I'm having major issues get my Astaro/Sophos boxes to update.

I need to know how to do this manually as our company's main parameter firewall I think is blocking access to the outside world.
 I have boxes that are still running earlier versions of 7 but most are v8. I need to upgrade them all to 8.308 and eventually v9.

Can you assist me in configuring my boxes for manual updates.
 I tried to use the tgz.gpg files in up2date manual upload.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, Brad, and welcome to the User BB!

You could ask the admin for the perimeter firewall to allow your UTMs to get out on 21, 80 and 443 (I think that's all); presuming that the perimeter device is stateful.  This would enable the units to keep themselves up-to-date.

I tried to use the tgz.gpg files in up2date manual upload. 

It sounds like you did the right things for manual UP2Dating.  If you believe that you successfully uploaded a file, but that the Up2Date failed, you should ask your reseller to open a ticket with Sophos Support.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thanks Ill do that...

I just wanted to point out on some machines it says it uploaded the file but never shows under up2date and the other problem is the upload is done the same and they show under up2date but when I run it the update never runs even thought it says it is.

Im wondering if the updates have to be done in a certain order. I remember something about you cant update an ASG to V8 unless its 7.12. Something about a specific order.
  • Yes, All Up2Dates must bw applied in order.  You cannot skip any.  You must upload all of them.  The only other way is to backup, reload from ISO and restore - but that causes the loss of all logs, reporting, quarantine, etc.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi soren, a couple tips for you. 
    *disclaimer: i plan to fix the behavior here in a future up2date [:)]

First, as bob states, you need to make sure you bring in the updates for all versions, so if you are at say 9.001, you need to upload 9.002, 9.003 and 9.004, you cannot skip forward. There are also some incremental releases like a few for 9.003, you 'll need all of those. Of course the best way is to use the internet to up2date via the up2date channel, you do not need to manually upload them unless you are not connecting your installations to the internet.

First, you must ftp a file down, and then upload it via the webadmin. From there, dont forget to click APPLY on the up2date upload page! This is very important, and where most people make a mistake (which again, we'll address soon)
    At that point, you'll need to wait 1-5 minutes for the up2date to be verified and made ready for installation. Only THEN will you see it on the list of available up2dates for installation. Also here people make a mistake and dont see it on the list, so go upload it again or something. Patience on that

In short, upload them, and push the apply button after they upload via the browser, wait for them to appear for install, and then apply them all, in order (or make sure you have all of them uploaded before pushing the update to the latest version).

Hope this helps.