This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help updating, not working

I'm having major issues get my Astaro/Sophos boxes to update.

I need to know how to do this manually as our company's main parameter firewall I think is blocking access to the outside world.
 I have boxes that are still running earlier versions of 7 but most are v8. I need to upgrade them all to 8.308 and eventually v9.

Can you assist me in configuring my boxes for manual updates.
 I tried to use the tgz.gpg files in up2date manual upload.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, Brad, and welcome to the User BB!

You could ask the admin for the perimeter firewall to allow your UTMs to get out on 21, 80 and 443 (I think that's all); presuming that the perimeter device is stateful.  This would enable the units to keep themselves up-to-date.

It sounds like you did the right things for manual UP2Dating.  If you believe that you successfully uploaded a file, but that the Up2Date failed, you should ask your reseller to open a ticket with Sophos Support.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, Brad, and welcome to the User BB!

You could ask the admin for the perimeter firewall to allow your UTMs to get out on 21, 80 and 443 (I think that's all); presuming that the perimeter device is stateful.  This would enable the units to keep themselves up-to-date.

It sounds like you did the right things for manual UP2Dating.  If you believe that you successfully uploaded a file, but that the Up2Date failed, you should ask your reseller to open a ticket with Sophos Support.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data