This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Opening a Technical call as a Partner

engineers are unable to search account names when opening a technical call, no customer accounts appear.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I confirm this as a MAJOR problem.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to BAlfson

Hi Bob,

Your customers need to grant the Partner account access before you can access their details and raise cases with the Customer assets. Please see this KB for more information: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/135696

Regards, Secil 

• Not acceptable, Secil.  This is Sophos' problem, not my problem to solve nor my customers'.  In addition, the display of the Managed Assets is unusable - the name of the owner of the asset has to be visible.

Still not ready for prime time.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to BAlfson

Hi Bob,

Customers are the owners of their assets and Sophos is committed to safeguarding their privacy. Before granting access they are made aware what their action means in terms of sharing their data. 

During the development of the Support Portal we engaged with the Partner Advisory Councils in all regions and were able to incorporate their feedback into the design - thank you for sharing more! 

Regards, Secil 

• As MSP we manage Sophos for our customers.

How can customer "Log in to Sophos Support Portal" (as per KB) if its the Partner who manages the dashboard, assets and support via the Partner Dashboard?

I feel like we are missing something here.

• Well, my customers are all managed in MyUTM and SophServ.  Those relationships should be transferred to this tool.

I've alerted Mike Anderson to this serious shortcoming.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to JerzyT

Hi JerzyT,

You can always raise a case under your own Partner account. Your customers won't have any visibility to the cases you raised though.

Your customers can register to the Support Portal if they wish, they need a Sophos ID to register and we have processes in place to match them to the correct account.

Regards, Secil 

• Customers managed under Partner Dashboard do not use any Sophos portals and do not have Sophos accounts. Most dont even know what Sophos does and have no interest.

Hopefully we can use this feature in future.

• Hi Jerzy,

MSP Partners should have a dedicated support channel.

Please check https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000037015

Kind Regards

Kai

• Secil, please understand that you're not the target of my ire.  I know you're saying and doing what management requires.  I'm just amazed that Sophos prepared its employees, but not the partners or customers before turning off the ability to open a ticket in MyUTM.  I'm also amazed that there wasn't a phased rollout.

Almost 30 years ago, we designed a rollout of PCs, switches, printers and servers to 70 country assessors offices around my state.  We started with one small office, got everything finished and then did a post mortem to be able to do everything right the first time.  We did another small office and went though the same analysis and new adjustments.  That one went well enough that we tackled one of the larger offices next.  After that final test, we made a few more adjustments.  We trained four teams of three guys.  The rollout was perfect.  Virtually all of the office managers called back to the State office that contracted with us to voice their praise of the lack of disruption, the perfect functioning and organization of the new equipment as well as the fact that we had removed all of the cardboard boxes, etc. from their site.  The rollout cost us a lot less than we had estimated because we were so efficient and completed it in a little over half the time the people at the State thought would be needed.  Later that year, my team was called to the Governor's conference room to receive a "Quality" award - one of the few ever presented to an entity not part of State government.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Secil, please understand that you're not the target of my ire.  I know you're saying and doing what management requires.  I'm just amazed that Sophos prepared its employees, but not the partners or customers before turning off the ability to open a ticket in MyUTM.  I'm also amazed that there wasn't a phased rollout.

Almost 30 years ago, we designed a rollout of PCs, switches, printers and servers to 70 country assessors offices around my state.  We started with one small office, got everything finished and then did a post mortem to be able to do everything right the first time.  We did another small office and went though the same analysis and new adjustments.  That one went well enough that we tackled one of the larger offices next.  After that final test, we made a few more adjustments.  We trained four teams of three guys.  The rollout was perfect.  Virtually all of the office managers called back to the State office that contracted with us to voice their praise of the lack of disruption, the perfect functioning and organization of the new equipment as well as the fact that we had removed all of the cardboard boxes, etc. from their site.  The rollout cost us a lot less than we had estimated because we were so efficient and completed it in a little over half the time the people at the State thought would be needed.  Later that year, my team was called to the Governor's conference room to receive a "Quality" award - one of the few ever presented to an entity not part of State government.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data