Portal Encryption/Secure Message
The Portal Encryption allows you to send securely encrypted emails onto a web Portal; the email's Recipient is notified to login to the portal from where they can read and reply to the email.
Your email Administrator will let you know what you need to do for your emails to use the Portal Encryption (a.k.a Secure Message)
- Use a specific Subject line Tag (e.g. Secure)
- Use the Outlook Add-in
- The Admin will provide you a list of Recipient Addresses and domains that will always use the Portal Encryption.
In this example, we're sending an email to a Gmail account; the Gmail account is part of the recipient email address that will always use the Portal Encryption, so we don't need to do anything special other than sending the email.
After sending the email, the Recipient gets the following email asking to Create the Sophos Secure Message account; this is the Web Portal from where they'll be replying to your emails.
Once they click the “Create Sophos Secure Message account,” a new Window will open asking to enter their:
1. First Name
2. Last Name
Note: The password needs to fulfill the following requirements:
After clicking Activate, they’ll get redirected to enter their Password again to login to the Secure Message Portal (A.k.a Portal Encryption)
The recipient will see your email, and can reply from here; additionally, they can also download it and save it as .pdf, .msg, .eml, Plain Text or Print.
To reply to the email, the user only needs to click the Reply bottom on the Top right:
On the right part of the screen the options such as Save to Drafts, Importance, Attach, and Send are located
After the user clicks send, you’ll receive the reply in your regular mailbox. You’ll know the user replied from the Portal because “Secured by Sophos” will be appended in the footer of the email.
- All emails you sent to the recipient will remain in the Secure Portal for 30 days.
- A recipient can only reply to emails they have received; they can’t create New emails within the Portal.
- Anytime you send an email, that will use the Secure Message Portal, the recipient will get an email letting them know they have a new encrypted message from you.
- Secure Message/Portal Encryption URL https://us.emailencryption.sophos.com/login.html
Edited TAGs, Edited Title
[edited by: emmosophos at 3:47 PM (GMT -7) on 9 May 2023]