Sophos Central Endpoint and SEC: Computers fail/hang on boot after the Microsoft Windows April 9, 2019 update. Please follow knowledge base article 133945

Learn about the Benefits of Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Turn your MFA on now!

firefox problems

1- Sandboxie 5.30 or beta 5.31 , Windows 10 x64 bit 1903
2 - firefox 66.0.5 works abnormal, some www links cant be open and i got an error.   on 1809 windows no any problems.
3 - eset nod 12
4 - for example, i can open www.sandboxie.com, but when i open forums tab - then i have an error (Server not found, or link cant be opened)
5 - Does it occur in a new sandbox with default settings?  yes
6 - Server not found, or link cant be opened.

• Hi v k,

The forums have been down for a while, that's why we are using the temp one. 
    More info here:
    What happened to the Sandboxie site and forums

Regards,

• In reply to Barb@Sophos:

i provided this like an example. problems occurs also with browsing in another sites. with 1809 windows all works flawless, but on 1903 firefox works with errors. Some links opens, but another give mistakes.

• In reply to v k:

Hi v k,

Please provide other sites so that I can test them.
    Also, please let me know if the issue follows you to other browsers inside the Sandbox (always testing inside a new Sandbox with default settings). 

Thank you!

for example:

i  open with firefox www.google.com - and it opens, after that   in  search i write microsoft- result of search is opens. but when i click to the microsoft link - i get an error.
    This problem occurs only with firefox on windows 1903 64bit and sandboxie 5.30  5.31.1. I tried this with several sites and have got the same. , but with ie11 + sandboxie 5.31.1 doesnt happens any error.

and other problem firefox portable 67 doesnt work with 5.31.1

• In reply to v k:

Hi v k,

Without the exact urls, I cannot test the behavior. But I think it seems related to this existing issue (which the devs are aware of):

https://community.sophos.com/products/sandboxie/f/sandboxie-forum/113052/cant-log-in-to-outlook-email-sandboxed-firefox 

If you wish to provide additional sites, with their urls, I'll try them out. 

Regarding your other problem, please start a new thread following these guidelines and I will be happy to test and assist you there:
    How to report problems with Sandboxie

Thanks!

• In reply to v k:

Hi v k, 

I have no issues accessing that site via Sandboxed Firefox in 1903.

Could you please copy-paste the error, so I can translate it in google? 

Can you try disabling your extensions (if any), or even better creating a new Firefox profile and see if the problem occur in the new profile under a new Sandbox with default settings
    Try deleting the browser's cache as well. 
    As another suggestion test turning off your antivirus software, reboot and see if that changes the behavior at all.

Regards,

i used firefox portable maybe in this problem?

i done all what you provide. nothing changing((( also  i have clean installation without any antivirus or any progrmam. but problems is present(((

1. i made clean installation windows 1903 64bit (russian edition) on both of my Pc and notebook
    2. i installed sandboxie 5.31.1 with default settings.
    3. i installed Firefox 67 64bit.
    4. No any other programms not installed.
    5. I open Firefox via sandboxed, then type www.google.com and press enter, after that on search line i writing microsoft and getting search results. after that i open first link on page(www.microsoft.com) and page doesnt open (the same you can get if you turn off your wi-fi or lan connection to web).
    6. with ie11  via sandboxed i  have some  problems, first of all in your forum reply button doesnt active, but ie11 witout sandboxie works well. Also in ie11 via sandboxie this link works wrong - https://support.hp.com/ru-ru/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-4730s-notebook-pc/5060893 (i cant choose any driver) but without sandboxie is no problem. In ie11 via sandboxie doesnt work development mode(f12).
    so i think there are sandboxie 5.31.1 have some problems with browsers.

• In reply to v k:

Hi v k, 

I cannot repro the Firefox issue. 

However, I cannot sign it to these forums on in Win 1903 + Sandboxed IE due to sign in option missing (not sure how are you getting to the response options). If I click on join the group, I am presented with sign in options, but they get rejected due to "Unable to connect to the server. Please check your network connection"  - I've alerted the devs.  Firefox does work, as a workaround. 

Thanks. 

Barb, i have not any idea how to explain what is going on(((

here is video, maybe it will show what i mean  - https://dropmefiles.com/PFBXQ

1) firefox sandboxed

2) firefox unsandboxed

• In reply to v k:

Hi v k,

I understand the issue, but I cannot reproduce it. 

What is the search addon that you have there? 

Thanks!

Yandex search addon for default, but i think it's doesnt all matter, because on 1809 windows all work without any problem. What is interesting that problem appears spontaneously. Sometimes firefox sandboxed open any adress or link, in another time it doesnt work. i tried firefox 66.0.5 and 67, but still get the same result. I made clean installation of win 1903 RUS 64 on both devices and got the same issues. Which information i can provide to solve this problem? does the  sandboxie have the debugger mode to see what going wrong?

• In reply to v k:

Hi v k,

If Sandboxie was blocking access to certain URLs (which it can't to begin with as it is not a firewall) , you would never be able to access them. Sporadic problems could mean an issue with your setup or your network.

I am leaving this thread open in case anybody else is seeing a similar issue. In the meantime, I'd suggest removing any addons and search engines, creating a new sandbox with default settings and re-testing after that. 

Regards,