This blog post will list the main changes that occurred in our product documentation and knowledge base.
- Sophos Firewall and third-party authenticators
- Updated Sophos Connect client page
- Removed ktools steps from troubleshooting page
- Added note about SSL VPN remote access settings
- Added a table showing the difference between Normal and Clientless users and updated content
- Updated to remove TotalProtect and EnterpriseProtect because a new licensing model was created during the release of v18.5.
- Addition of the specific versions that the procedure applies to. Addition of a link to the documentation for the procedures for version 18.0.5 and later.
- Updated with the correct format for Windows URLs when setting up the Web Filter Exceptions.
- Updated to point sections of the KBA that are already available on the online documentation. Added a note to ensure that the NetBIOS value in STAS is set to all uppercase, the same as shown in the Active Directory. Based on tests, if the NetBIOS in STAS is set to lowercase, the user or group to allow the use of SSO won’t appear in the firewall rule.
- Updated to change the name Windows Firewall to Windows Defender Firewall as currently displayed in GPO.
- Updated to make it more general. It now shows the two options to connect to the Sophos Firewall's console via the Micro USB or the RJ45 COM ports.
- Added information on limits in the use of queries in Live Discover.
- Added information on how we deal with PUAs and how to resolve PUA alerts.
- Updated the XDR help to add more information about scheduling, creating, and editing queries. Updated the Data Lake uploading help.
- Updated the Azure AD directory service help to clarify the setup process and add information on which Azure AD fields correspond to the fields in Sophos Central.
- Updated the Reporting help pages to add information on report types and administrator access.
- Added information that Tamper Protection passwords are stored for 90 days after you remove a device from Sophos Central.
- Updated the Domains and Ports information for MTR and EDR.
- Clarified how Bandwidth usage works.
- Updated the Firewall Reporting licensing help to add XGS information.
- Improved the Sophos Outlook Add-In help.
- Corrected the FQDN example in the Email Protection help.
- Added information about an excess DNS queries error added to the SPF record editing help.
- Updated the installer command-line options for the new installers.
- Added a note about the user accounts used by Sophos Anti-Virus on Windows computers.
- Updated to show the images and steps on accessing the MSP Connect training to match the current version of our Partner Portal.
- Updated with the latest applicable commands for verifying the Web Admin CA certificate and regenerating the certificate to resolve the issue.
- Updated with the supported Linux platforms for On-prem and Central managed.
- Updated with the image for the Services page of ESH on Mac.
- Updated the image for the System page of ESH on Mac.
- Updated the image for the Management Communication page of ESH on Mac.
- Updated the image for the Update page of ESH on Mac.
- Updated the image for the Policy page of ESH on Mac.
- Updated image and added Prerequisites to the table.
- Updated to correct the link to KB-000039171 under LoggedOnUserCanAccessDatabase.