This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SEC 5.5.1

Hello all,

seems that SEC 5.5.1 is in the works already (though naturally I can't say when exactly later this year will be).

Christian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Hello Paul Jr,

first of all, do you need TLS 1.2? It's not q requirement for SEC.
    11.0.6216.27 is, as far as I can see in the MS article, the minimum for SQL Server 2012 SP3 GDR - SP4 isn't mentioned so I assume it "does" TLS 1.2 and it's the version packaged with the installer. Perhaps CheckDBConnection with the -l switch gives some hint.

If you don't need TLS 1.2 just continue with the installation.

Christian

Children
  • Hello

Only things I really need are a wife, a Labrador dog, a fishing rod, and a dual sport motorcycle.  Computers are just un-productive pain-in-the-ass stuff I'm forced to live with.  Security are composed of the elites of the pain-in-the-ass stuff and originated by the laziness and carelessness of those almost criminal minds who created computer sciences.  In an accountable world, those criminals - Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Equifax, and all - would be jailed for destroying our private lifes, among other things.

TLS 1.3 is a draft since early 2018.  Google implemented it a year ago.

TLS 1.2 is mostly security and bugs fix to TLS 1.0.  It was released in august 2008.  I repeat.  August 2008. Ten years ago.

TLS 1.0 was release in 1999.  At that point, you might as well ride in a Ford model T.

A lot of very bad things happened on the internet since 2008.  Don't you thing that complying to a standard that's already archaic is a minimum one can do in an effort to protect his business ?  We should expect our End-Point protection to be efficient against recent malware with technologies that old ?  How could it be Sophos are so late to respond to latest technology trend ? Up to last year they were still on SMBv1 on their WEB gateway.