This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

scan error munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer

Ubuntu 18.04 AMD cpu

i want to scan a file or folder but i got this on terminal.

munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer

how to fix it? can you pls help me? i use the code " savscan /home" on terminal

and i want to download antivirus linux verison 10 but i get the verison 9 my. pc is 64bit versin 10 is for 64. how to download that version thanks.

this is the first time i use sophos on a linux pc. there is many things i dont like about sophos first the web is not user friendly. it is puzzle for user who wants to download a file.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hello Sezgin satir,

[Edit]
    When system language is Turkish it get this error

I did understand that part. What's not clear is what you see in the terminal. For example you enter savscan /home and you get immediately munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer and then the prompt? In other words, you can't start savscan when the language is set to Turkish?
    [/Edit]

You added two posts while I was replying, thanks, it's clear now. Perhaps has an answer.

Christian

• Hi,

I'm afraid we don't support/test Turkish so it might be broken. I'm afraid I can't look at it in detail at the moment. It's certainly supposed to just fall back to English if it isn't English/Japanese locales.

I guess it might be useful to know your precise LANG setting.

PS:

The free SAV is version 9, which supports both x86_32 and x86_64 systems.

Centrally-managed SAV has both version 10 and version 9, and will select the appropriate version at install time.