This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SafeGuard - Bitlocker

I have an issue currently and have not had this issue before when following the correct process.

Since installing BitLocker on certain machines on WORKGROUP PC's, we intstall the 3 installation files, perform a reboot and then install our certificate.

Once synchronised it then normally prompts us to enter a PIN and Encrypt, but it's not, any reason for this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Have you applied your policies to the domain PC's/OU's Dan and not the workgroup PC's too?

You'll need to apply the same policies (or policy groups) to both Workgroup AND Domain PC's for the workgroup PC's to encrypt in the same manner.

• Please see attached, this is what is happening. SafeGuard is installed but it's not encrypting, when you do manage-bde -status it says decrypted and key protectors none found.

If you try and turn the TPM its says off, but when checking the BIOS I can't turn it on, there is no option?

• I'm not sure on the command you've used "turnon" to be honest? 

manage-bde -on c: 

Should enable encryption (not "turnon") 

However - you can't enable TPM if it's disabled or hidden from the OS. You'll need to go back into BIOS and look at the options to see how to enable TPM (and un-hide if needed) 

You still should be able to use encryption - just not TPM to help secure it. Using the command above should enable it but I would recommend if this unit HAS TPM that fixing that would be the better route?

• I'm not sure on the command you've used "turnon" to be honest? 

manage-bde -on c: 

Should enable encryption (not "turnon") 

However - you can't enable TPM if it's disabled or hidden from the OS. You'll need to go back into BIOS and look at the options to see how to enable TPM (and un-hide if needed) 

You still should be able to use encryption - just not TPM to help secure it. Using the command above should enable it but I would recommend if this unit HAS TPM that fixing that would be the better route?

Children