I am receiving a the message stated above "Sophos Email Appliance Alert: ERROR condition detected" on a non regular basis. Just like today from 11:30 to 12:50 in a 5 min intervals. Yesterday there where also some messages, but wih some hours pause in between.
Condition~~~~~~~~~Monitor "Data Installation" on host "mail02.xxx" has generatedan error condition.
Description~~~~~~~~~~~The appliance has repeatedly failed to install data updates for thelast 30 minutes. The threat definitions on the appliance are out ofdate. Problem appliances include mail01.xxx,mail02.xxx.
Remedy~~~~~~Sophos technical support has been notified.
Any ideas how to resolve this issue?
Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community.
Please confirm if you’re running the following Threat Definition
If Appliance has a threat definition update number at or above 583000.0.20210520.1421 if you have a definition lower than this then you might be affected by SIM-45717
If the issue persists after 24hrs from the last alert you received, Support can run a command on the appliance to force an update, for this you would need to enable Support Access
1. Log in to the appliance
2. Select the "Help" button on the top right-hand side
3. A popup will appear with the help page, select "Sophos Support" on the lower left
4. Now select "Enable" in the Remote Assistance box. You will see a dialogue messages with "attempting to connect" and ending with "connected"
5. Now click the "About" option make note of the "Serial number"
6. Reply or create a Case ID and mentioned you have enabled Sophos Support and add your Serial Number.