This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Any official statement on why the webfilter has suddenly stopped working? UTM 9.713-19

I mean other people are having the same problem, so I don't see why this is not an acknowledged issue yet.

severity="info" sys="SecureWeb" sub="http" name="http access" action="pass"

It is really frustrating when Sophos keeps releasing firmware with problems and then has to release firmware to fix the bad firmware. At least acknowledge there's a problem.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Alan, "untested" releases seem to be normal, and I have seen a few issue releases over the last 10 years. I guess this is also why the Home UTM is available, as we are the 'testers'... and I have no issues with this, given we have use of a great industry standard product at no cost, and has been around for a while... so much gratitude for a few "issues".

I do think a lot of the bugs introduced are a result of patching versions after version that have been up and running for ages, testing environments cant possible manage the permutations out there.

I normally wait a few weeks and check the forum for issues before updating my UTM ... I also backup the system before doing the update and have an image disk ready for a reinstall

If I was in a production system I would certainly do the same and test in an environment where meltdowns could happen without issues to the business.

Cheers

Craig

• Hi Alan, "untested" releases seem to be normal, and I have seen a few issue releases over the last 10 years. I guess this is also why the Home UTM is available, as we are the 'testers'... and I have no issues with this, given we have use of a great industry standard product at no cost, and has been around for a while... so much gratitude for a few "issues".

I do think a lot of the bugs introduced are a result of patching versions after version that have been up and running for ages, testing environments cant possible manage the permutations out there.

I normally wait a few weeks and check the forum for issues before updating my UTM ... I also backup the system before doing the update and have an image disk ready for a reinstall

If I was in a production system I would certainly do the same and test in an environment where meltdowns could happen without issues to the business.

Cheers

Craig

Children