This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

running VPN client in windows 7 getting error: OpenVPN service is not available

Hi,

When I run the latest Sophos VPN client on a windows 7 Pro laptop, it gave me the following error: OpenVPN service is not available.

I am running the client versions as below:

Sophos Connect service - 2.1.20.0309

OpenVPN service - 2.5.0.0

Is it possible to run this version in windows 7 and if so is there a windows patch I need to apply? I was told to us the legacy Sophos VPN, but this is not support by Sophos any longer. 

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

Sophos Connect Version 2.1.20.x is NOT the now called „legacy“ VPN -client.

This is the new Client.

What is your use case?

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi,

Yes, I know it is not. I want to know how to get it to run in windows 7. When I run this client, I get the message as in my post. 

Do I need to put in a special patch in windows 7 or it cannot be use at all? If not, then is there a version I can download that works for windows 7?

Rgds,

• The version your running is current and indicated that it supports Windows 7.  I'm running same version you're running on Windows 7 and it works fine.  I'm not sure if there are any specific patch except I'm current on Windows updates.  It looks like old remnant of Sophos SSLVPN TAP adapter is lingering in your registry.

• The version your running is current and indicated that it supports Windows 7.  I'm running same version you're running on Windows 7 and it works fine.  I'm not sure if there are any specific patch except I'm current on Windows updates.  It looks like old remnant of Sophos SSLVPN TAP adapter is lingering in your registry.

Children