This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUM alternative?

As Sophos has announced EOL for Sophos UTM Manager (SG-Serie), is there any alternative to manage SG-Series-Firewalls?

For XG there is the Central Firewall Manager, but as far as i know that does not work for SG-Series, right?

Regards,

Michael

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Why not run SUM in a VM or similar alternative if your hardware isn't functioning?  You can still download the ISO for it and get a license, and use it. You are only losing support for SUM itself, but you can still run the software.

It's obvious we are being slowly pushed in the direction of XG, will have to bite the bullet and eventually go to it, but SUM usage has been declining from my understanding, and not being used.  I don't use it any longer and just manage the UTM directly.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• Why not run SUM in a VM or similar alternative if your hardware isn't functioning?  You can still download the ISO for it and get a license, and use it. You are only losing support for SUM itself, but you can still run the software.

It's obvious we are being slowly pushed in the direction of XG, will have to bite the bullet and eventually go to it, but SUM usage has been declining from my understanding, and not being used.  I don't use it any longer and just manage the UTM directly.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

Children
No Data