This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VPN Dropping Packets

We have a VPN setup between two facilities and our VPN traffic drops packets frequently. While at the same time pinging outside of the VPN to the same network there are no drops. The drops are enough to freeze or drop our Citrix sessions. Both firewalls are running the latest UTM 9.411-3.  One side has a 100 Mbps connection the other is 30 Mbps both fiber.  One is in the UK the other is in the USA.  I have about 20 users using the VPN for only Citrix traffic. There is plenty of bandwidth on both ends and we are not over using the circuits.  Is there a way to troubleshoot this issue or to resolve it?  Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Jae,

Which is Sophos Appliance/Model deployed on the 2 ends? Check the network usage graph, do they look normal or fully utilized?

If you do not see any drop from #1 from the Rulz by Bob then there's something else causing it.  Will you be able to raise a support query?

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Jae,

Which is Sophos Appliance/Model deployed on the 2 ends? Check the network usage graph, do they look normal or fully utilized?

If you do not see any drop from #1 from the Rulz by Bob then there's something else causing it.  Will you be able to raise a support query?

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children
  • Hi,

We have a UTM 9 on both ends.  We use our own hardware and use their software.  Both PCs are i3 with 4GB of memory.  We are not even coming close to max utilization.  30/30Mbps with 15 users and 100/100Mbps with 60 users here.  I have opened a troubleticket with Sophos but the issue doesn't happen contentiously so it is hard for them to troubleshoot it.

Jae