This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL vpn

I have ASG 7.503. I have setup SSL VPN to my home network. After I connect to the SSL VPN from my laptop, I can see my home network fine but all internet connectivity is lost. I have read all forum topics on this issue and have tried lot of settings but nothing works. The name resolution of any website fails.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • ASG 7.503 is really really old. I'm not sure if there's a lot of folks here on the community that still know how it exactly was configured that time. Perhaps you should consider upgrading to a newer Sophos UTM 9.7x build.

That being said in the current version of Sophos SSL VPN you should either include 0.0.0.0 to the VPN profile (which is internet traffic), but you should also configure a DNS-server to use when connected to the VPN so name-resolution works. Besides that you either need to allow web filtering for those clients or set up a masquerading rule for traffic to be allowed to go out.

However I have no experience with ASG product at all, when I stepped into UTM it was already Sophos, and I think this was somewhere in 2012 or 2013.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• ASG 7.503 is really really old. I'm not sure if there's a lot of folks here on the community that still know how it exactly was configured that time. Perhaps you should consider upgrading to a newer Sophos UTM 9.7x build.

That being said in the current version of Sophos SSL VPN you should either include 0.0.0.0 to the VPN profile (which is internet traffic), but you should also configure a DNS-server to use when connected to the VPN so name-resolution works. Besides that you either need to allow web filtering for those clients or set up a masquerading rule for traffic to be allowed to go out.

However I have no experience with ASG product at all, when I stepped into UTM it was already Sophos, and I think this was somewhere in 2012 or 2013.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

Children
No Data