This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bandwidth Control

Hello,

I have some users who consume lot of bandwidth while in working hours, it make lot disturbance to other users where their outlook not even able to make Send & Receive. Already tried using traffic selector but still each day they consume min 4 to 5 GB, and these are not downloads but can i see lot of traffic going to Facebook Video chat and Facebook domain, My current situation not allow me to totally deny the traffic, these guy got special permission for full internet access. so i plan to reduce their bandwidth.

Attached screenshot the victim ip.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Where do you see the traffic going to videochat/facebook? Is it in the Flow monitor? If so from there you can either shape or throttle the traffic and it will automatically create the necessary rules under Interfaces & Routing -> QoS.

With application control you can also block Facebook video chat while still allowing normal facebook traffic.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• Is there any way to reduce the bandwidth from source ip instead of selecting from facebook, because already tried using flow monitor to control the fb video chat but still he consume lot of bandwidth. so i want to slow down this connection.

• Feroz, please show us a simple diagram with IP addresses that shows which traffic in which direction you want to slow.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • The screenshot shows Internal IP the traffic going to wan network. i want to slow down the HTTPS connection.

• I'm a visual-tactile learner, so ما زلت لا أفهم.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • OK, Feroz, thanks for your explanation via a PM.  I understand now that you want to limit inbound HTTPS traffic for this user.  Please show pictures of your QoS configuration for this traffic.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • It's hard to master QoS in WebAdmin, Feroz...

Create a new Service named "HTTPS Response" = 443->1:65535.  Create a Traffic Selector 'Any -> HTTPS Response -> {192.168.100.68}'.  On the Internal interface, create a Bandwidth Pool with 'Specify upper bandwidth limit' selected and limit 'Any -> HTTPS Response -> {192.168.100.68}' to 5Mbps.  That will limit the user to 5Mbps downloading, so you may want to raise or lower the limit.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA