This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bandwidth Control

Hello,

I have some users who consume lot of bandwidth while in working hours, it make lot disturbance to other users where their outlook not even able to make Send & Receive. Already tried using traffic selector but still each day they consume min 4 to 5 GB, and these are not downloads but can i see lot of traffic going to Facebook Video chat and Facebook domain, My current situation not allow me to totally deny the traffic, these guy got special permission for full internet access. so i plan to reduce their bandwidth.

Attached screenshot the victim ip.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • It's hard to master QoS in WebAdmin, Feroz...

Create a new Service named "HTTPS Response" = 443->1:65535.  Create a Traffic Selector 'Any -> HTTPS Response -> {192.168.100.68}'.  On the Internal interface, create a Bandwidth Pool with 'Specify upper bandwidth limit' selected and limit 'Any -> HTTPS Response -> {192.168.100.68}' to 5Mbps.  That will limit the user to 5Mbps downloading, so you may want to raise or lower the limit.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • It's hard to master QoS in WebAdmin, Feroz...

Create a new Service named "HTTPS Response" = 443->1:65535.  Create a Traffic Selector 'Any -> HTTPS Response -> {192.168.100.68}'.  On the Internal interface, create a Bandwidth Pool with 'Specify upper bandwidth limit' selected and limit 'Any -> HTTPS Response -> {192.168.100.68}' to 5Mbps.  That will limit the user to 5Mbps downloading, so you may want to raise or lower the limit.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data