This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Home UTM USB Install

So I was able to pick up a very inexpensive Dell PE R210 II that I'll be setting up as a UTM. I've done this installation a dozen times already but for some reason this one is seriously stumping me.

When I try to run the install from the DVD, I get a "install.tar not found" error.

When I try to run the install from USB, I do the following...

- Access console (ALT + F2)

- Type "mount /dev/sdb1 /install"

- ALT + F1 to return to the install and proceed

...and I still get the same "install.tar not found" error.

I then tried to run "fdisk -l" to see if maybe "sdb1" wasn't the correct number boot device but then I get an error telling me that "fdisk command isn't found"

So now I'm stuck where I can't install from DVD and I can't install from USB...completely stuck. Any ideas? Help?

Btw I'm trying to install v9.351-3.1 software UTM.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I ran into a similar problem. I was using unetbootin to create the bootable image. I had found an article that provided usefule information. At the beginning of the install you need to Alt-F2 into a console. Mount the usb device (mine was sdb1) to /mnt - 'mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt'. Change directory on root to /install - 'cd /install'. Create another install directory - 'mkdir install'. Change directory to your new install directory - 'cd /install'. Copy all the files from the mounted usb install directory - 'cp -a /mnt/install .' Switch back to install - Alt F1 and continue the install. My unetbootin bootable device would not work correctly, so I used rufus to create the boot disk and installation went well. Hopefully this will work with your installation.
  • I ran into a similar problem. I was using unetbootin to create the bootable image. I had found an article that provided usefule information. At the beginning of the install you need to Alt-F2 into a console. Mount the usb device (mine was sdb1) to /mnt - 'mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt'. Change directory on root to /install - 'cd /install'. Create another install directory - 'mkdir install'. Change directory to your new install directory - 'cd /install'. Copy all the files from the mounted usb install directory - 'cp -a /mnt/install .' Switch back to install - Alt F1 and continue the install. My unetbootin bootable device would not work correctly, so I used rufus to create the boot disk and installation went well. Hopefully this will work with your installation.
Children
No Data