This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Plex / DNS Rebinding

I have searched the other topics but no help.

The Plex Server relies of something they refer to as DNS Rebinding which some routers see as an attack -- I can't find much information on this either related to Plex or in general on how to adjust DNS Rebinding on Sophos.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

For the most part Plex is working fine. The only issue is with TVs that have the Plex Client built into them. They seem unable to connect to the PlexServer. The TV I'm trying to connect has an IP of 10.1.1.114 and this is the only what shows up every time I try to have the TV connect to the PlexServer.

2016:09:07-09:21:25 golem ulogd[5323]: id="2001" severity="info" sys="SecureNet" sub="packetfilter" name="Packet dropped" action="drop" fwrule="60001" initf="eth2" srcmac="e8:5b:5b:38:f2:86" dstmac="00:23:7d:b8:1f:5a" srcip="10.1.1.114" dstip="10.1.1.100" proto="1" length="76" tos="0x00" prec="0x00" ttl="64" type="8" code="0" 

10.1.1.114 is the TV and 10.1.1.100 is Sophos UTM. The Plex Server is 10.1.1.25:34200

I'm looking for a rule to make it so this doesn't get dropped -- hopefully that will fix my problem.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Carlos,

Configure an exception to bypass all the check for Plex client. I am not sure if this helps but, I came across a similar issue here which may provide you a solution.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Thanks for responding.

In the end it turned out not to be Sophos related. Newer versions of Plex require authentication but the clients built into some TVs don't do authentication. I had explored that option and told Plex to allow the TV's IP without authentication but that didn't work even though it should have. Then rather than just the TV IP I tried making 10.1.1.0/24 as not requiring authentication and problem was resolved. Not a Sophos issue but someone with the same problem might find this.