This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tweak to reduce CPU Usage - Network Definitions/DNS Hosts

Hi folks

I run a Pi-hole on my home UTM , and was noticing a huge amount of dns in the PiHole log traffic that was not resolving and also various hits to sites, all from the UTM...

So I finally figured out there where a whole bunch of Network Definitions, "doing nothing".

After doing a massive cleanout of the Network Definitions, and mainly DNS Hosts that I had setup over the years and no longer used in Web Filters/Skip lists etc the CPU usage and traffic has dropped so much.

One pain has been Sophos LiveConnect trying to resolve to a nonexistent  all.broker.sophos.com (legacy endpoint protection)  all I did was point it to d1.sophosupd.com, so it stops flooding with DNS requests.

The cleanup is easy to do, as you can check where the Definitions are used by clicking on the little blue "I" icon... confirm its clear or not needed and then Delete.

Dont delete the "unresoved" Users, as this will muck up the User/Web Profiles if you use them.

Cheers

Craig

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data