Wrong DNS resolution

We've activated DNS Protection yesterday eventing on our firewall and got totally wrong resolved IP-adresses.
After reverting it back to Google, the rights ones were resolved.

How should we proceed with that ? 
I can provide 2 examples

Parents Reply Children
  • Those are the DNS block page redirect IPs. 
    So to speak: The FQDN you try to reach is blocked, therefore we offer this IP to block it. 
    This is a record, blocked by DNS due the category: 

Going to this IP: try http:// 52.28.207.170/

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Thx Luca!
    Interesting that even a ping to the external fqdns give's back these IPs.
    And the questions is why these IP adresses (our own domain with a-records for customer firewalls) are categorized as "don't go to there".
    I would like to see these things in the logs which should be available soon - I hope.

Grüße

Olaf Pelzer

• What policy did you use? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Parked Domains are blocked in the default. 

• Hi  

Thanks for your email. We shall check why the feedback is not working.

We analysed the issue reported and analysis as below:

Sophos4u.de is categorised as Parked domain. As per the policy configured (Keep it clean rule), Parked domains are blocked and hence, a different IP (which redirects to block page) is observed.

There are two ways you can allow this domain:

Option 1:

• Select “Let me specify” rule under Policy -> Threats and liabilities -> “Let me specify” from drop down -> Parked domains -> Allow from drop down.
    • This will allow all Parked domains.

Option 2:

• Create a Domain list under “Domains” page with “sophos4u.de” domain.
    • Enable “Filtering by custom domain lists” under Policy. Add the Domain list created and select “Allow” as the action to override the category.
    • This will allow only sophos4u.de and its subdomains.

Please let us know if you need any further help. Thanks again for enrolling and trying out DNS Protection EAP.