Issue accessing some website since a few days

Hello!

Sophos SG310 V2

ISP: Cable: 940/50

I was running V20 GA for a couple of weeks, but I was seeing alot of glitch with online gaming and sometiems website would take a little longer to load. I saw also in the FW alot of Could not associate packet to any connection.

I went back to V19.5.3 MR3 -652, was a little bit better but still sometimes, still Longer delay to open website.

I switched to Fiber cause of the price and performance: 500/500, subinterface with vlan 40 (PPPoE).

Was working fine then my SG started again to have issue with  EER TIMEOUT. I  checked my FW, NAT rule, all looks good. Then I tried changing MTU from 1492 to 1460, seems a little bit better.

Now, I have a website, which is interac.ca (for interac transfer) is not working. I get Could not associate packet to any connection in my FW, which is a little bit weird. I updated to MR4 build 718, same issue. SHould I try going again to V20?

Note: Website load faster, my gaming experience has no glitch anymore, and 95% of my web browsing is such faster now. Just some website.

45.60.86.208 is interac.ca DNS lookup IP and is ALlowed

and here is the event Could not associate packet to any connection.

Thanks for any help!



Added V20 TAG
[edited by: Erick Jan at 7:44 AM (GMT -8) on 26 Feb 2024]
  • Hi,

    could not associate packets is usually a sign that th connection has completed and one end is sending wrap up messages.

    Try running a long ping on the site that fails to see if there is a link issue.
    ian

    XG115W - v20 GA - Home

    XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

    If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

  • Thanks for the reply!

    I have a continous ping for a few days, using pinginfoview, and no drop. DNS lookup worksd perfectly, pign aswell.

    I have found this however:

    I have a few Connection list with no rule: UDP to my gateway, or even UDP to forwarder DNS 1.1.1.1 (but not to interac.ca). Not sure if this could be another issue.

    Sometimes, a few sites, doesn'T work, click reload then works. Some just doesn'T work. Like I have a few devices, like an iPad not able to downlaod from appstore, my cellphone not able to connect to apple for OS update but Update from appstore works..

  • Okay I think I just found out why some website wasn't working.

    I deleted the Subinterface VLAN 40 for WAN. I configure the physical Interface for PPPoE, then I saw a menu called: DSL SETTINGS.

    Under this menu, you have VDSL, then vlan TAG.

    Tadam, works perfectly NOW!

    IMPORTANT NOTE: if you have configured your NAT, FW rule, or dynamic DNS ( I guess anything) using the gateway name, make sure you set back to Port #2 or whatever you port is, because all those rules will dissapear!