Application Control Updates Release Notice
This is a notification for the latest Application Control 6.02 data update, which has been rolled out on the 5th July 2023
|Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.
|Sysinternals Process Suspender
|Gener8 Ads Ltd.
MobaXterm for Windows is a toolbox for remote computing. It provides remote network tools like SSH, RDP, VNC etc.. MobaXterm is portable remote access/Admin package. Sophos already has AppC detections for many of similar components by other vendors like VNC, PUTTY etc..
We are increasingly seeing threat actors using remote access tools as part of the attack chain, to connect back out of a compromised machine. Sophos added AppC detection for MobaXterm application in this release. MobaXterm is categorized as Remote management tool and is published in this release. Customers who want to continue to use this application in their environment, please modify your application control policy to allow MobaXterm.
Application Control FAQ:
- Sophos Central: Application Control Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
For information on configuring Application Control please review these links:
- Currently Controlled Application list: Controlled Applications
- Sophos Central managed: Sophos Central Application Control Policy
- Sophos Enterprise Console managed: Enterprise Console Application control policy
- For frequently asked questions: Application Control Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please follow this page for more regular updates.