What’s new – June 1, 2023
We have released a new feature, Quarantine API in Sophos Email. Using this API, you can perform operations on messages in both Email Security Quarantine and Post Delivery Quarantine.
Watch the video attached at end of this post to familiarize yourself with the feature.
Applies to the following Sophos products
Operations supported by the API
Using the API, you can perform following operations on the quarantine and its content:
- List the messages in the quarantine (optionally search for specific message)
- Fetch details of a message such as attachment list and URL list, or preview message
- Download one or more attachments of a message
- Strip one or more attachments from a message
- Reattach one or more attachments from a message
- Release a message from quarantine (optionally add the sender to allow list)
- Delete a message from quarantine (optionally add the sender to block list)
These operations can be performed on both the Email Security Quarantine and Post Delivery Quarantine.
Note: Allow/block listing and strip/reattach attachments operations are not supported for Post Delivery Quarantine.
Refer the following resources for the API documentation:
Quarantine API documentation: https://developer.sophos.com/docs/email-v1/1/overview
Email Security Quarantine API guide: https://developer.sophos.com/email-quarantine
Post Delivery Quarantine API guide: https://developer.sophos.com/email-post-delivery-quarantine
Sophos Central API documentation: https://developer.sophos.com/apis
Following screenshot is of the Quarantine API documentation.