We our happy to announce that our new Sophos Central Navigation and Notifications will be fully supported features beginning Monday, Oct. 30th, 2023. These will remain as an optional experience that users can choose for approximately the next 3 months until the original navigation is fully replaced in early 2024.
If you missed the beta, this update streamlines our navigation to allow quick, easy access to menus and shortcuts while also optimizing space, to better use horizontal screen space across Sophos Central pages. It also brings our initial release of Notifications! Informational banners are moving to an easy access icon where you can choose to dismiss them for the login session or permanently.
Accessing the new navigation and notifications:
Easily access the updates via the risk-free experience toggle available in the lower left hand corner of the Sophos Central UI.
- Our existing left navigation is moving to a top navigation bar.
- A collapsible left navigation will still be available in the product areas.
- A new Dashboards drop-down menu consolidates access to Account Health Check and Central dashboards.
- This menu will expand in the future, so stay tuned for future beta's and releases.
- We've added quick access icons for commonly used items such as:
- Account Health Check dashboard
- General Settings (formerly Global Settings)
- Informational banners will move to a new Notification icon
- Choose to dismiss individual items for your login session, or permanently.
- Based on feedback from our users, some page names have been simplified
- Protect Devices is changing to Installers, and has moved under the new Devices drop down.
- Global Settings is changing to General Settings
- Logs & Reports is changing to Reports
- Guided workflows and the Sophos assistant are being introduced and will start with this beta.
What else to know?
- As mentioned, while these are now fully supported features the default navigation will not be replaced right away. We will continue to run the optional experience for the next several months, before we fully replace our existing left navigation in early 2024.
- This experience is exclusive to Customer dashboard and not available in our Enterprise or Partner dashboards.