firefox portable not working with sandboxie

I am currently running Firefox (Portableapps version) v.69.0 in Windows 7 (64-bit). When opening it in Sandboxie (64-bit 531) and going to any website, firefox never gets to the site.

Please help. Thanks!

Parents Reply Children
  • Firefox 70.0.1 > portableapps.com/.../firefox_portable < ran for me in new default sandbox, as test. 
    W10 Home + 5.31.6

Note: I do not run:

• malwarebytes anti-exploit
    • malwarebytes
    • spybot search and destroy
    • windows firewall notifier
  • thanks for testing that for me. I am going to try the following:

• try firefox portable 70.0.1 (instead of the 70.0.0 that I have now)
    • try to disable some of my security software <-- this will take me some time, but I will post my results when I get around to this.

Thanks, again, for your help BJ M.

• question: when u run firefox portable, do u run the FirefoxPortable.exe file?

ok. I have tried the following:

• FirefoxPortable.exe 70.0.1 in sandboxie.
    • disabling the following various services and/or closing out the program and then running FirefoxPortable.exe 70.0.1 in sandboxie:
      • spybot
      • malware bytes and Malwarebytes anti-exploit

none of this had any luck.

I didn't figure out how to disable the windows firewall notifier yet.

I want to try sandboxie with the firefox portable in a guest account and see what happens. maybe even try in safe mode.

• r p1 said:

question: when u run firefox portable, do u run the FirefoxPortable.exe file?

Um, let me test again...and I'll note my steps. 

I run the Portable Apps installer < firefoxportable_70.0.1_english.paf.exe > in my Default sandbox.

Filename: firefoxportable_70.0.1_english.paf.exe
    Full Path: c:\users\bjm\desktop\firefoxportable_70.0.1_english.paf.exe

I don't normally run Portable Apps.... so, advise what I'm doing wrong.

• What you are doing is exactly correct. it must be some settings or program that has a conflict on my machine.

Thanks for helping me out with this. I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

• r p1 said:

ok. I have tried the following:

• FirefoxPortable.exe 70.0.1 in sandboxie.
    • disabling the following various services and/or closing out the program and then running FirefoxPortable.exe 70.0.1 in sandboxie:
      • spybot
      • malware bytes and Malwarebytes anti-exploit

none of this had any luck.

I didn't figure out how to disable the windows firewall notifier yet.

Note: as I recall, long time Sandboxie users have noted on original Sandboxie Forum.... that "disabling suspect program/s" is not the same as proper removal with vendor product removal tool.  Just saying.  From this distance....it's hard to say whats what your side.   I'm guessing "security type program/s".  Just saying.  Be aware that some programs do not play well with Sandboxie.

Thanks for helping me out with this. I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

Good Luck

• UPDATE:

I figured out the software conflict that was preventing chrome and firefox portable from functioning in sandboxie. It was emisoft's anti-malware. I actually forgot that i even had this installed. Anyways, after uninstalling it, everything works fine with sandboxie.

Thanks again for everyone's help.