Completed (Minor Issue)

We would suggest doing any of the following regarding your concern:

• open a customer care support ticket, or
  • create a post in the product forums - https://community.sophos.com/sophos-xg-firewall/

Why did I not get the full term when I activated my license key?

https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000036502?language=en_US

Multiple scenarios should be answered here. For example, customer you lapsed few years with device since it was being stored somewhere. 

Some of the vendors have policy if you get 2 year renewal, you get your starting date on date of activation of the subscriptions. 

Parents
  • Hi 

I'm Mike from the knowledge base team.

I've reached out to the licensing team and relayed the scenario you mentioned and the message below is their response:

----------------------------------------

"Please refer to the below answers with regards to your queries.

1. Is there a different course of action for the scenario specified by the customer? can we include it on the KB and or reply to him via the community post?

Answer: For the scenario given by the customer, the start date is still the activation date. What will happen is, if for example, they have ordered 2-year renewals and their warranty already lapsed, when they activated their key, instead of getting the 2 years license, they should not expect that the expiration date will be 2 years from the activation date. It will result to earlier expiration date or less than 2 years."
    ---------------------------------------

For now, I did not add any additional scenario to the article above. However, I added a link to our Hardware Warranty Policy and Licensing Guidelines. If you have further suggestions on this or other support articles, please reply or create a new post.Should you have further questions regarding licensing, you may open a customer care support ticket.

• "Answer: For the scenario given by the customer, the start date is still the activation date. What will happen is, if for example, they have ordered 2-year renewals and their warranty already lapsed, when they activated their key, instead of getting the 2 years license, they should not expect that the expiration date will be 2 years from the activation date. It will result to earlier expiration date or less than 2 years."

and this is completely wrong. What in case customer has unit in warehouse sitting for 1y? 

Today, since Sophos can't deliver appliances due shortage, many customers are storing boxes for business continuity planning. This is wrong way of handling this and once we pass this info to customers, I beleive some of them will go for another brand. 

• Hi ,

I appreciate your feedback and understand your points. To ensure this is addressed, you may create a post on the product forum and post product feedback.

Comment Children
No Data