We have been checking the status and success of Sophos installation across about 1000 devices in order to determine is any have failed to install correctly. Although a minor few were identified as missing the delivery and in need of installation, the vast majority of the estate was confirmed as having Sophos protection (as one might hope/expect!). However.. In performing this exercise a worrying anomaly has been identified. The services installed seem to vary across the machines. It is appreciated that there may be variation between Windows versions and architecture but; ‘Sophos Device Control Service’ seems to be universally applicable and yet missing from ~20% of assets. This does not seem to have any bearing on OS as we can see from the other 80% that it is reported across all types. The service is not present almost randomly and we are unable to trend any correlation that may explain this. The install is performed in the same way in all case and the problem seems to be happening even on later installations. We have subsequently installed on several new machines and found that again, around 1 in 5 fail to end up with this service at all. Just to confirm that post installation and update the service remains missing, not present and stopped or otherwise not running. Can anybody explain this or provide an explanation? Perhaps this is seen elsewhere with setup failing in this regard to a similar degree?
This thread was automatically locked due to age.