This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Synology - Active Backup for Business can not connect to Hypervisor

Hi all,

I'm using Synology's "Active backup for Business" solution to back up virtualization servers. After deploying sophos xg firewall solution. I cannot connect to the hypervisor server. I'm sure that I have entered the correct configuration information needed to connect. Please support!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Nghi Tran,

Please confirm the Firewall rule you configured for your Synology's server and your hypervisor server.

Are you able to Ping 192.168.5.11?

What is the IP of each device? and in which zone are they configured?

If for example 192.168.5.11 is in the DMZ zone, and you are trying to connect from the LAN zone, you need to have a LAN to DMZ zone rule. Eg (please make sure the zones are correct as well as the IP address in the Firewall Rule).

Source Zone = LAN

Source Network = ANY ( or Hypervisor IP)

Source Zone = DMZ

Source Network = ANY (or Synology's IP) 

If the issue persists send me a DM with your Firewall Access ID so I can confirm your configuration. 

Monitor & Analize >> Diagnostics >> Support Access >> ON >> Access Status >> And copy & paste the Access ID and send it to me.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • Hello Emmanuel,

I created a rule that allows devices on the LAN to access the hypervisor server (192.168.5.11)

I can ping to 192.168.5.11. Also, I can access port 443 from another computer on the same network as my Synology device.

Reply Children
No Data