This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows 10 Restart Loop

Hi There,

I currently have an issue in which every time I install sophos and reboot I get stuck in an infinite restart Automatic repair loop. I have to rebuild the PC each time. I install it remotely from the Enterprise Console successfully but then I get an error code (000006d) which states that I need to perform a restart which then brings me to the loop.

The operating system is Windows 10 Enterprise and the device is a dell Latitude 5420 laptop. I'm not too sure if it's a hardware or software issue.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Ciaran 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Ciaran,

this is definitely not normal. The restart reported is for example required for features which require that a DLL is loaded when a process is started - naturally a complete restart ensures that, say, the browser process is restarted. Any information why Windows thinks it needs to be repaired? Do you rebuild the laptop from the recovery partition is Enterprise even available as pre-installed option)?

Christian

• Hi Christian,

Thanks for the quick response. There is no information provide, It just runs a diagnostic tool and then jumps straight into the Automatic Repair menu. I normally run a factory reset through the repair menu. Enterprise is the installed operating system after the rebuild.

Don't know if this would effect it but the laptop comes with Pro at the start and then we upgrade it to Enterprise with a CD. We also activate the version of Enterprise as well with our activation key before we install Sophos.

Would Sophos run into problems if the operating system wasn't activated?

Kind Regards,

Ciaran

• Hello Ciaran,

activation shouldn't matter.

As to Enterprise - we never upgrade, we always wipe (also destroying the reset partition) and install Enterprise from scratch.

Christian

Reply Children