This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Enterprise Console SMTP - no emails

I have a running server (Sophos Enterprise Console). Last week we had to change the SMTP server address (new mail server). Now the Sophos Enterprise Console has stopped sending warnings. Also if I use the old email server again (still running) we get no emal alerts. I looked in the smtp log from the old email und new email server. the Sophos Enterprise Console dosn't try to connect the email server. If I do a test in Sophos Enterprise Console for the email server, Sophos say its ok. If I send from Sophos Enterprise Console Server with telnet a SMTP email to the email server it is also working.
It seems the messaging system from the Sophos Enterprise Console hast stopped working. Hoe can I fix that?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Hello Hermann Floimayr,

you say that SEC stopped sending email alerts when you changed the server and if you change it back you still get no alerts? But it does send scheduled reports (both with the old and the new server)? While sending of the reports is logged there's - AFAIK - no log when alerts are sent, whether success or failure.

As this is plain SMTP the, IMO, quickest way to assess the problem is Wireshark. You'd see whether the management service is trying to send mail or not, and if it does what happens (or does not happen). BTW, alerts can be triggered by changing the Dashboard levels (ToolsConfigure Dashboard ...).

Christian

Children
No Data