This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows Server 2019 are being displayed as Windows Server 2016 !!!

Hello,

I installed Sophos Endpoint Security and Control on some Windows Server 2019. But when I look at the "Computer Details" tab inside SEC, I see that the "Operating System" of those servers is illustrated as "Windows Server 2016", does anyone have the same issue? can anyone advise me what to do here?

SEC version: 5.5.0

SAV version: 10.8.4

please let me know if anyone needs more information.

Thanks and regards,

Jameel

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Jameel,

there's nothing you can do. There is AFAIK no OS entry for Windows Server 2019 in SEC 5.5.0's (and also 5.5.1's) database and as you see they are displayed as Windows Server 2016. Apart from the incorrect information the only impact it could have is on Protect Computers (i.e. in case specific code is needed to create the scheduled task on 2019 - I assume it's not the case as there is no article). The next version of SEC (can't say if it will be 5.5.2, 5.6.0, or whatever - heard that it might yet be this year) will display them correctly.

Christian

• Hello Jameel,

there's nothing you can do. There is AFAIK no OS entry for Windows Server 2019 in SEC 5.5.0's (and also 5.5.1's) database and as you see they are displayed as Windows Server 2016. Apart from the incorrect information the only impact it could have is on Protect Computers (i.e. in case specific code is needed to create the scheduled task on 2019 - I assume it's not the case as there is no article). The next version of SEC (can't say if it will be 5.5.2, 5.6.0, or whatever - heard that it might yet be this year) will display them correctly.

Christian

Children
No Data