This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Uninstalling sophos management server 5.5.2

I have been asked to migrate a 5.5.0 install from a failing server to a new windows 2019 server that already had 5.5.2 installed on it (but was never used). My place was to uninstall 5.5.2 and then install 5.5.0 and then upgrade that installation. I followed the guidelines under KB-000034444 regarding uninstallation but was unable to uninstall management server or credential store.  running the uninstall string in the uninstall entry for the software did not work either.

I have disabled the services/restarted but still have had no luck.

Hopefully someone here can start me down the correct path. 

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Thomas,

Thank you for reaching us, I would not suggest you install 5.5.0 since this version is no longer supported. what I suggest is for you to upgrade/migrate your existing server going to server 2019 with 5.5.2 version of endpoint, you may follow this KB for steps. 

Server to Server Migration 

Documentation

Glenn ArchieSeñas (GlennSen)
    Global Community Support Engineer

The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Thank you. I will try that. However on the 5.5.2 server that I will be migrating to I will need to complete the uninstallation and then reinstall it. The immediate issue I am having is that I cannot complete the uninstallation as I described above.

• Hello Thomas Ertman,

as the new server hasn't been used as SEC until now - does it have some other role? If not I'd suggest to reinstall the OS, likely takes less time and ensures a clean environment.
    Otherwise you'd have to run the uninstall with logging turned on to get some information why the uninstall fails.

Please note that you don't have to do a two-step migrate-upgrade or upgrade-migrate. If you install 5.5.2 on the new server per the MigGuide and restore the 550 database after installing the Database component you can do it in one step.

Christian

• Hello Thomas Ertman,

as the new server hasn't been used as SEC until now - does it have some other role? If not I'd suggest to reinstall the OS, likely takes less time and ensures a clean environment.
    Otherwise you'd have to run the uninstall with logging turned on to get some information why the uninstall fails.

Please note that you don't have to do a two-step migrate-upgrade or upgrade-migrate. If you install 5.5.2 on the new server per the MigGuide and restore the 550 database after installing the Database component you can do it in one step.

Christian

Children
No Data