This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Endpoint 9.x per MacOS

Hello,

i'm looking for a way to install an old version of the Sophos Endpoint Agent on a Mac (Catalina or Mojave). It would be nice if it still could connect to the Sophos Central.

The reason why i need to do this is because a client of ours use Cisco Anyconnect VPN with a system scan to detect Antivirus and Anti-malware and their versions. From my test Sophos version 10.0 do not get recognized. I tried to install the 9.x version of the Sophos Home client and everything works like it should but i can't connect the client to the Sophos Central console.

So, does anyone have an offline installer for the 9.x Sophos Endpoint Agent client or a way to install it?

Thank you

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Sophos User3220,

won't do you much good. Even if it can connect it will update to the latest version. V10 has been released in August, a decent compliance scanner should have been updated by now.

Christian

• Hello, thank you for your answer, i'm trying to check with the client to see if they can update the compliance list but it looks like it use a third-party list (OPSWAT) that stop at version 9.x

Back to the eventual 9.x client connected to the console, shouldn't i be able to block the update with a policy? 

• Hello Sophos User3220,

I'm not using Central/Intercept X but reading the docs suggests that pausing updates is a global setting and it has a restriction, namely You can control updates on Windows and Linux devices, but not Macs. Don't ask me why this is so (and whether this is still true). Furthermore it says that you can pause updating for 90 days - don't think you can extend this.

Admittedly the Latest version of Sophos products article still links to the v9 release note, this might explain why the list doesn't contain v10.

Christian

• Thank you very much for looking into this, i guess i'll try to wait for a while and hope for the v10 to be acknowledged.

I don't want to go off-topic but do you know if there's a way to register a Sophos Home Endpoint in the Central console?

• Hello Sophos User3220,

Central  (Intercept X) is  Central  and  Home  is  Home . Home's management is similar to Central's so (unless I'm mistaken) in principle (with some hacking) you could "move" a Home install to Central. But it  wouldn't stay a Home endpoint once registered with Central - it'd turn into a Central endpoint (and update its software accordingly).

Christian.

• You can't move them. They use different elements of the servers and can't be migrated.

RichardP

Program Manager, Support Readiness | CISSP | Sophos Technical Support
    Support Videos | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.

Reply Children
No Data