This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Uninstall failed from server endpoint (10.8)

Hello Sophos Community,

Windows 2008R2 - Sophos Endpoint 10.8

Unable to uninstall, cannot locate package 'Sophos Anti-Virus.msi' in specific source path. It is correct, it is not there.
Looking at Registry it says localpackage should be: C:\Windows\Installer\d0b4ddb5.msi
This package does not exist anymore.
Almost all folders in Programdata\Sophos are emptied of files, only folders remain.
We can start sophos and disable tamper protection, but without the MSI i am unable to uninstall.

How to uninstall sophos so we can run the installer from Sophos Central which now gives a error because it detects a old sophos.

Thank you for any help you can give.
I can create a support call with sophos but like to try this route first.

Arris

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Arris,

for whatever reason the cached MSI has disappeared. You need an MSI with the correct product code and version - 10.8 is not detailed enough.

Are you trying to uninstall or has the server failed to update (if the latter then likely for this very reason - that it could not uninstall the existing one).

Christian

• Hi QC,

Thanks for helping me.

I am trying to uninstall manually, as the Sophos Central installer fails to update the current sophos SEC installation.

We used SEC and moved to Windows defender for 2 years and are now starting to use Sophos Central, so its not a migration from SEC to Central.

It says its version 10.8.2.334 in programs and Features page.

• Tried to locate Sophos in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall to run 'msiexec /x' on the GUID but it is not in the list.

Reply Children
No Data