This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Update and Windows 2008 Server

Hi all,

A quick question for you all if you don't mind.

Had a flurry of IT alert from our Sophos install today with warnings about clients needing to restart so after a bit of digging found that the V10.8.9 update is being pushed out to all devices. Not an issue so managed to get all users to restart their devices whilst I set about restarting various servers to clear down the warnings.

The issue I had was when we came to several old Windows 2008 Servers that we still currently have. Even after a reboot, I get a warning about them and then admin console doesn't contain any details about the installations like installation, up to date etc. If you look on the Windows 2008 Servers themselves then there's a red cross on the Sophos icon on the taskbar and says service failure.

Every other install seems OK up till now apart from all Windows 2008 Server installs. Is this a known issue or something that can be fixed ? ? ? ?  I have seen references mentioned to the old Windows 2008 Server going out of support with Sophos and wondered if it was that ? ? ?

Just want to make sure of my facts first before digging any deeper !

Many thanks

Paul

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Could you please confirm the version of the sophos endpoint currently installed on the server? Are all the services up and running fine on the machine? 

Shweta

Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation@SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos! - Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hi

Many thanks for the reply.

Basically all our devices have been updated from V10.8.4 to the latest V10.8.9.

If you look on the effected servers in the Product Information then it shows None under the software tab where as devices that are working OK have a few lines of info including the version number etc.

All services are started apart from the Sophos Anti Virus service which is stopped and will not start as it errors out.

I've restarted the servers and tried doing an update on them from Sophos but it still doesn't seem to fix it.

I have logged a support call with Sophos and have sent logs for a random 2 servers that have been effected if that helps.

Many thanks

Paul

• Hi

Many thanks for the reply.

Basically all our devices have been updated from V10.8.4 to the latest V10.8.9.

If you look on the effected servers in the Product Information then it shows None under the software tab where as devices that are working OK have a few lines of info including the version number etc.

All services are started apart from the Sophos Anti Virus service which is stopped and will not start as it errors out.

I've restarted the servers and tried doing an update on them from Sophos but it still doesn't seem to fix it.

I have logged a support call with Sophos and have sent logs for a random 2 servers that have been effected if that helps.

Many thanks

Paul

Children